Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I hate Drake but I dont think it was as bad as people say still

in context.. he may have "lost" due to popularity and Kendrick's timing

but he didnt really lose shyt... they both looked stupid really... it was good for the culture though

I was more shocked Drake was prepared and had a good gameplan from the start... he never got credit for holding his ground and responding and coming with clever set ups. As much as people on either side wanna say "Family Matters" was baseless, just like Ether and Takeover fans do. They both (Kendrick and Drake) had complete baseless claims in both songs. I think Drake stood his ground better, but lost like Nicki Minaj did... just because the average fan hates them and wants to see them lose. Add in race and you have an avalanche of hate and side picking to the battle.

As an older head, I didnt fukk with how "Not Like Us" is basically a Bay Area --- Mac Dre type of song. Back in the day an LA artist would get washed by the Bay for copying their style. Kendrick knew it too, and he mentioned and tried to big up the Bay. But nikkas ride meat so they accepted and rode that train. Cali is wild and Eastcoast cats die out there because they will internally beef... but come together to diss everyone else when its needed :russ: At one point the Dave shyt and Kendrick's girl shyt was working.... people were avoiding it... but the video reversed that argument completely :yeshrug: but both of these dudes are frail and corny. Attacking Drake for fukking people's girl while calling him a pedo aint a good look for you either. Alot of this shyt should have been said a decade ago... but its too late to stop Drake. The Jcole shyt wasnt "dodging a bullet" to me... I dont think the battle looks the same if you add Drake and Cole together against Kendrick... it would have fukked up plans and backfired for Kenny. I still think he could have went in harder and overcame that, but clearing Cole out guaranteed his plan would be in motion for the Drake disses. If not, Drake holds him back and plants lies... while Cole disses once or twice on the backend... it would have made Kendrick way less focused. Average white fan would have just looked at Kendrick like a bully for dissing Cole and Drake

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It was full of lies, misdirects, and projections. Drake can't proofread the lyrics and check its all good, apparently. I'm thinking the one who wrote Family Matters is the leak because a good chunk of the disses applied to Drake himself. It's too on the nose sometimes.

Breh double downing on picking on women (making The Heart that much more stupid in retrospect) with Whitney talk, tries to use the ghostwriter stuff on Kenny knowing he himself has a fleet of them for damn near every song he's on, insinuated Kenny being an awful father when Pusha basically forced Drake to be one. If you do Push Ups then it's about awful contracts. Drake being in a lifetime situation basically trapping himself into working constantly to fill the monetary stuff.

Again, a little too on the nose.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hate Drake but I dont think it was as bad as people say still

in context.. he may have "lost" due to popularity and Kendrick's timing

but he didnt really lose shyt... they both looked stupid really... it was good for the culture though

I was more shocked Drake was prepared and had a good gameplan from the start... he never got credit for holding his ground and responding and coming with clever set ups.

You don’t get credit for your ghostwriter’s work

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Family matters is still the best song put out by any of the rappers with Euphoria being second.

batman-laughing-haha-hahahahahaha.jpg

Mull

Pro
Daps
“I drove here in the wraith playing AR-AB”

Worked once but not twice. Shoutout YG and Bompton for sticking together and not turning against their own. Those white man divide and conquer tactics Aubrey uses look ji funny in the light..

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
It was full of lies, misdirects, and projections. Drake can't proofread the lyrics and check its all good, apparently. I'm thinking the one who wrote Family Matters is the leak because a good chunk of the disses applied to Drake himself. It's too on the nose sometimes.

Breh double downing on picking on women (making The Heart that much more stupid in retrospect) with Whitney talk, tries to use the ghostwriter stuff on Kenny knowing he himself has a fleet of them for damn near every song he's on, insinuated Kenny being an awful father when Pusha basically forced Drake to be one. If you do Push Ups then it's about awful contracts. Drake being in a lifetime situation basically trapping himself into working constantly to fill the monetary stuff.

Again, a little too on the nose.

Fool its a rap battle. Not a history lesson.
Also kenny had more lies.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
You don’t get credit for your ghostwriter’s work
true you are always disqualified for that

but my point still stands, why even entertain him at that point
even with a ghostwriter and being a sellout, nothing is gonna change
kendrick can claim the W in song popularity but Drake didnt have shyt happen bad

white women still support and hes still a pop star with ghostwriters... an L would have been beating his ass or actually exposing him

all actual diss records before changed the course of someones life or career