Reason 4080 why baseball is dead Kershaw has perfect game thur 7 innings taken out for pitch count

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobestan has entered the building. None of these clowns have even said a word about baseball all year and they ain't said a word about it in this thread either.

This is what we get for having no moderation in the Coliseum.
You brought up basketball in a baseball thread. This is some passive aggressive female shyt.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Are complete games the way of the dinosaur now? I haven't watched baseball in years now.

CG-Percent.jpg

Pitchers-used.jpg

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I'm all for seeing history but the manager's job, among all things, is to do what's best for his players. Kershaw got shut down to end 2021 due to injury, and part of the rehab for that had him on a no-activity plan, so that abbreviated what was already a short-ass spring training/offseason. The move was likely motivated by protecting Kershaw and giving him time to get action and work back to his full strength.

Pulling him out didn't cost him the win, nor does it damage Kershaw's eventual HOF career.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I keep thinking about Johan Santana and his no-hitter. The price for it came at the expense of his career.

I don't blame the Dodgers. If this was a month into the season, yeah. Perfect game is a nice moment, but Clayton is needed for the long haul.

Smart business decision to me. Smart but a tough one to make.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I keep thinking about Johan Santana and his no-hitter. The price for it came at the expense of his career.

I don't blame the Dodgers. If this was a month into the season, yeah. Perfect game is a nice moment, but Clayton is needed for the long haul.

Smart business decision to me. Smart but a tough one to make.
Yep
Funny enough the Mets had their second no-hitter a couple weeks after you posted this and they took the starting pitcher out after 5 innings
It's just the way the game is played now

Wasn't a no hitter but Mets having Harvey pitch as much as he did in their 2015 World Series run ruined his career. He set the record for innings after Tommy John surgery and it's no wonder he was never the same again afterward. I know he wanted to do it but it wasn't worth the aftermath