"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" New York Jets 2012 offseason thread

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
so Laron Landry is starting training camp on the PUP list?

What the sense of even signing that guy. He looks like a fukking comic book character, but he hasn't been healthy since what, 2010?

Interesting article that Trips posted though.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
yall have Y Bell tho, no ?
the plan was to have them start together & keep Eric Smith as far away as possible.

but coming off achilles surgery and looking like the incredible hulk, Jets might be fukked if he has to start the season on the list...since he'd have to miss 6 games.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
:laugh: this guy clowning the fukk out of yall on twitter

Patrick Daugherty ‏@RotoPat
Report: Jets attempting to lure Hines Ward out of retirement to return kicks after seeing him take it to the house in The Dark Knight Rises.

Patrick Daugherty ‏@RotoPat
"Well yeah, it was a movie *and* the exploding field was swallowing up all the defenders, but we still liked what we saw."-GM Tannenbaum.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

G.O.A.T

All Star
Daps
Tim Tebow may be used as kick returner and on coverage team as NY Jets continue to plot ways to use backup QB’s unique skills

Tebow's role on offense and special teams will come into focus during training camp.

The mystery behind Tim Tebow’s countless roles with the Jets may include a wrinkle that has flown under the radar. Although Jets brass has openly discussed his value as a backup quarterback/personal punt protector, coaches have also discussed the idea of using their newest weapon in a different capacity on special teams: kickoff returns and coverage teams.

Special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff, who has returned to the team after missing part of offseason workouts and minicamp following leg surgery in May, said Tebow would “possibly” be used as a situational kick returner.

“There are certain situations (on kickoffs) where he might be on the field that he could be utilized possibly to block or possibly to field a ball,” Westhoff told the Daily News. “If a team squibs it at you or pops it at you, he might be the perfect guy to put in that could make an adjustment. If they kick it deep, he could block. If they squib it or pop it, he could be a guy that we’d have with a ball in his hands. . . . Jerricho Cotchery did a nice job for us in that role. Brad Smith, before he became the (primary return) guy, did some of that for us. So, it’s just a situational thing.”

:laff:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
:dwillhuh:
Can somebody help me out? Trying to buy tickets, but they only letting me buy season tickets.... I ain't got that kinda bread. :guilty:

Trying to get tix to see them play San Fran. :obama:

Would've figured that they'd be on sale by now. :wtf:

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Right tackle Jeff Otah was placed on the active/PUP list after he failed his physical. Jeff Otah has 7 days to pass his physical in order to make the trade official.

Daps
:dwillhuh:
Can somebody help me out? Trying to buy tickets, but they only letting me buy season tickets.... I ain't got that kinda bread. :guilty:

Trying to get tix to see them play San Fran. :obama:

Would've figured that they'd be on sale by now. :wtf:

I tried the same thing, had to go through Stub Hub.

I got 49ers/Jets tix for a decent price, we gonna smash yall. Try stubhub though. Jets site fukking up not making it easy for single game tix.