"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" New York Jets 2012 offseason thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Dont think there's a thread yet so here we go.

Assessing the free-agent market

May, 9, 2012
May 9
6:00
PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Since the draft ended, a lot of people have been asking about the top players still available in the free-agent market. The pickings are slim, but GM Mike Tannenbaum has been known to find bargains. Right now, the Jets still have at least three needs -- safety, wide receiver and right tackle. We could expand the list, but we'll keep it to three for now.

Based on the Scouts, Inc., rankings here are the top unrestricted free agents, including their last team and Scouts, Inc., grade:

WIDE RECEIVER

Braylon Edwards, 49ers -- 78
Roy Williams, Bears -- 72
Plaxico Burress, Jets -- 70
Mark Clayton, Rams -- 62

SAFETY

Bob Sanders, Chargers -- 75
Abe Elam, Cowboys -- 73
Sean Jones, Bucs -- 72
Gerald Sensabaugh, Cowboys -- 72
Melvin Bullitt, Colts -- 71
Jim Leonhard, Jets -- 70
Deon Grant, Giants -- 70

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

Vernon Carey, Dolphins -- 82*
Kareem McKenzie, Giants --80
Max Starks, Steelers -- 72
Adam Goldberg, Rams -- 67
Brandon Keith, Cards -- 67

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Also they restructured Mike Devito, so he's back.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The offense with a mediocre Qb RB and bad oline plus underwhelming wr core should be petty bad

Defense has been fading the past two years..its still decent stats wise but far from dominant and got shyt on by good offenses like the Pats

This team will struggle again

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
subs.

Man I need a Vet to settle these young bulls and have the team maximize it's talents on offense...how you have Shonn Greene, Santonio Holmes, and Dustin Keller and still be such a horrible offense?!

I hope they can add a veteran WR to help these dudes esp. with Tebow in. I was hoping LT would provide that last season...guess not

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...-brady-calling-their-remarks-and-actions-disr

Darrelle Revis ratcheted up rhetoric in the Jets-Patriots rivalry to even higher levels (if that’s possible) with some strong words about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady on Thursday.
---

“I have respect for him. Winning is winning,” Revis said. “But sometimes things are disrespectful. When you say certain comments about the Jets, some stuff is disrespectful. It’s okay to have a rivalry. It’s okay to compete. But when it gets personal, you’re getting disrespectful. I didn’t start this battle. The smart remarks sometimes he says are ignorant. It’s ignorant to this organization.”

When asked to specify which remarks he was referring to, Revis said:

“I don’t know… Talking about the best defense… they can suck my-- … All that stuff. That’s just ignorant. Why go there?

:beli:

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
tremonthustler already has 250 posts over here? lol you fukking fakkit you should be demodded over at the other place