Realistically Mike Tyson belongs no where near the top 5

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Change my mind

Dudes resume is mediocre and he couldn't dominate in the 90s once the heavyweight talent pool increased significantly from what it was in the 80s

Ali
Foreman
Joe
SRR
SRL
Roy Jones
Floyd

Some guys that are above him easily
Not to mention guys with cases

I agree but you should take Roy Jones off that list too and replace him with Holyfield. Jones was another that made a big name whippin bums and retired firefighters late night on HBO.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
All time p4p

Nah

But all time great hw yea

He in my top 7 all time hw

1 joe Louis
2 Ali
3.jack Johnson
4 Larry Holmes
5 foreman
6 rocky marciano
7 Tyson
8 Lewis
9 Dempsey
10 Holyfield

He was a great fighter
I would never put Rocky Marciano above Tyson or Holyfield

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But Tyson said the same of Ali. He knew he didn’t have the heart to beat someone like Ali.

the point is, how many fighters did Ali say something like that about? I imagine it wasn’t many....

There is a reason everyone ranks Tyson was one of the GOATs. If his personal life didn’t go to shyt his resume would have been on some Floyd level shyt.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Change my mind

Dudes resume is mediocre and he couldn't dominate in the 90s once the heavyweight talent pool increased significantly from what it was in the 80s

Ali
Foreman
Joe
SRR
SRL
Roy Jones
Floyd

Some guys that are above him easily
Not to mention guys with cases
You know they have a subforum called The Ring for this discussion, right?:mjgrin:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Don't matter he was still young.

Ali came bacc dominated

Foreman came bacc at 40 n dominated

Fury

The prime years tyson missed out on were way worse than the prime years tyson missed out on plus ali could still train because he didn't actually go to prison unlike Mike.

And even when ali came back his footwork wasn't the same. Mike on the other hand was a sadder thing to see because his head movement was GONE after prison. That was a huge part of his game.

Admittedly Foreman had a style that gave him More longevity between the three of them.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Nikka ... :dwillhuh:

:ufdup:

hqdefault.jpg

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I agree but you should take Roy Jones off that list too and replace him with Holyfield. Jones was another that made a big name whippin bums and retired firefighters late night on HBO.
Complete myth.

To the thread. Tyson isn't even a Top 5 HW much less Top 5 P4P.

People will make every excuse in the world for a fighter that lost to every great fighter he ever stepped in the ring with, and got dominated and KO'd each time.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
the point is, how many fighters did Ali say something like that about? I imagine it wasn’t many....

There is a reason everyone ranks Tyson was one of the GOATs. If his personal life didn’t go to shyt his resume would have been on some Floyd level shyt.

there's no need for any if's. his career was what it was. personal discipline outside of the ring and the ability to deal with what you have going on is just as much a part of it as the actual fighting. if "what if" was included with every athlete they all woulda been the greatest. Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden may have been the greatest at their positions if their personal lives were better. Roy Tarpley might've been one of the GOATS at power forward "if his personal life didn't go to shyt." they all have personal lives to deal with and it's not like everyone BUT Tyson had it sweet.

what we know is what actually happened. Douglas, Holyfield twice, and Lewis. Never fought Riddikk Bowe.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All time p4p

Nah

But all time great hw yea

He in my top 7 all time hw

1 joe Louis
2 Ali
3.jack Johnson
4 Larry Holmes
5 foreman
6 rocky marciano
7 Tyson
8 Lewis
9 Dempsey
10 Holyfield

He was a great fighter

The fact that you have Tyson ahead of Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, two fighters who both kicked Tyson's ass(seriously the fights weren't close, especially Holyfield v Tyson 1, they all on youtube for you to see) is :mjlol:.