Real talk...most of Raw in 1999 was fukking GARBAGE

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Rewatching every Raw from that year in order, it shows. Now I'm 12/13 years older I still love it, but love it because it's garbage.

Yeah I know that it was their most profitable year in history or something and they had ratings through the roof, but it really shows how awful the writing was, especially post-Wrestlemania.

Rock and Austin were obviously doing their thing, but even back then every week was the same thing, the same catchphrases, the same old shyt. The crowd's were fukking hyped, and who could blame them? Wrestling was massive, but in terms of advancing stories, there wasn't much. Owen Hart was off TV for like a month, came back a week before Over The Edge as the Blue Blazer (with NO explanation) and got an IC title match at it for no reason.

The Ministry of Darkness was pure piff, but when they merged with the Corporation it made absolutely no sense, and neither did Vince being revealed as the Higher Power. All people remember from that segment is the "IT WAS ME AUSTIN!" line that Vince does with his trollface on, but it basically rendered the entire last six months obsolete.

Every week there were loads of DQ finishes, random backstage brawls and multi-man interference for NO reason. Titles changing hands like it was going out of fashion. Some of the random gimmicks and stables that came out were either :trash: or :mindblown:...but usually both.

• The Union :flabbynsick:
  • Beaver Cleavage :deadrose: that turned into Chaz the wifebeater :why:
  • Meat :sadcam:
  • D'Lo causin Terri to have a "miscarriage" then saying to the doctor "WAS SHE REALLY PREGNANT? THIS AIN'T KAYFABE DOC, SHOOT AT ME" :bryan:
  • Dr Death coming back as a ninja for a week and throwing Bart Gunn off the stage :shaq2:
  • The briefcase being raised at KOTR 1999 and never finding out who did it :beli:
  • Austin being thrown in the Detroit river then coming back next week with it barely being mentioned again

That's my Russo :to:

Seriously, Raw in 1999 was the absolute definition of #fukkery

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Was there even a plan for that angle or was it just a "we'll figure it out later" kind of thing that was later forgotten?

tumblr_m8tr9aoSdw1qlvm0ao1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
  • The Union :flabbynsick:
  • Beaver Cleavage :deadrose: that turned into Chaz the wifebeater :why:
  • Meat :sadcam:
    [*]D'Lo causin Terri to have a "miscarriage" then saying to the doctor "WAS SHE REALLY PREGNANT? THIS AIN'T KAYFABE DOC, SHOOT AT ME" :bryan:
  • Dr Death coming back as a ninja for a week and throwing Bart Gunn off the stage :shaq2:
  • The briefcase being raised at KOTR 1999 and never finding out who did it :beli:
  • Austin being thrown in the Detroit river then coming back next week with it barely being mentioned again

That's my Russo :to:

Seriously, Raw in 1999 was the absolute definition of #fukkery

:russ::russ:

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Wcw was ten times worse at that...100% guaranteed run in

"They (DDP and Mike Awesome) were having a good match when Mark Madden said in the new WCW they were going to have winners and losers and the refs aren't going to be calling DQ's. Literally seconds later, Billy Silverman called the DQ." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: April 17, 2000

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
That D'Lo shyt on youtube?

I can't remember that shyt but it's sounds fukking hilarious man Russo ain't give a fukk at all in 99.