Real Talk if you refer to Jay-Z as HOV or HOVA that's wild head

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This is the underline reason for his demise...that level of ego leaves no room for success:camby:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I know that word seems a lil' over the top...but in my opinion Jay's career has met its demise. That doesn't mean broke, but I definately think he could have been more effective at transferring his legacy to the youth and future generations. Most don't feel Jay because of his ego and that exclusive nobility bullshyt he got on. Had he kept it OG like in the pre-dynasty days(he was a jerk then, but accepted)
the hood would be behind him. Now you want nikkas to call you God:smugdraper:(and not like in the wu days)...it just all became too much.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
It's deeper than rap, Hov, God, we're all gods
hov.png

Nah but really, It's a battle rap type of nick name.
Some call themselves GOAT like LL, some Teacha, some colombian billionaire drug dealers; Esco, The King; T.I., The Boss; Rick Ross, Yeezus; Kanye, Frank White KONY; Biggie, The Outlawz had all kinds of funny names, others make a play on God, Hov. No biggie, they are all ridiculous and no one is seriously referring to the underlying meaning behind those names.

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
It's deeper than rap, Hov, God, we're all gods
hov.png

Nah but really, It's a battle rap type of nick name.
Some call themselves GOAT like LL, some Teacha, some colombian billionaire drug dealers Esco, The King (T.I.), The Boss (Rick Ross), KONY (Biggie), others make a play on God, Hov. No biggie, they are all ridiculous and no one is seriously referring to the underlying meaning behind those names.
I get it...just a superiority play. Problem is God is real and shouldn't mocked...we're not Gods we're children of God. King, Boss, Kony, Teacher...all good. God is reserved for the one and only Jehovah:blessed:...some jumped on it cuz they don't believe or down wit the one that hates God...but over time that strategy spells defeat...facts:manny:

Steady B

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:dahell:WTF is wrong with yall dudes?!!! This has got to be the dumbest fukkin thread i have seen in awhile... Yall keep praying to yall Sky Daddy and Jesus and all that bullshyt they pulled over us for centuries and i will keep bumping that HOV music and calling myself and my brothers as GODS. Dudes are really upset about what another man refers to himself?? :mindblown: The mental poisoning is strong in this thread.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
If your a religious nut you got no business listening to "DEVIL" music anyway. Go listen to some Walmart albums and shut the fukk up.

tumblr_ml3uzvwTok1s5t1d0o1_250.gif
word...
I don't even be involved with all religious shyt either so ya could mark that out of the equation , the word God has several definition like "supreme being" being one , so basically that's how ya perceive Jay , ya could dance and skip around it all ya want but referring to another man as a God is a problem regardless if you believe in him or not :manny:
you exposed yourself with the capitalization. youre a dishonest c00n.

My nicca Hov had niccas lining up round tha buildin, nicca was out there lookin like tha 2nd comin of Jesus & shyt:blessed:
or like its the 1st comin :troll:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
"King of Rock" & "King of Pop" That's just referring them the king of a genre oppose to nikkas literally calling Jay GOD , huge difference .

You 100% right. It's not like he called himself hov because he felt he was the god emcee.

Naw, it's definitely because he think he's literally God

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Jay Z literally thinks he's god :skip:
When he says "The god send you back to the earth from which you came" he's being literal :skip: He's def not referring to himself as a rap god

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
But no one cared when Rakim referred to himself as Rakim Allah so going after Jayz all after the fact looks like picking and choosing.

My name is Rakim Allah, and R and A stands for Ra

Not only did he call himself Allah, he even called himself Amen-Ra :wow: