Real talk I fully understand why most of the league was against CP3 joining Kobe

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Ah yes, another coli alternative reality classic: the narrative that the NBA somehow vetoed the Paul to Lakers trade for basketball reasons aka it wouldn't be fair, to stop a superteam, etc.

Of course the reality is less exciting - the team had no owner, therefore Stern was the defacto decision-maker and he found a better deal for the team elsewhere :manny:

Right, where are Kaman and Al Aminu now? Were they allstars, maybe I missed something :dead:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
It wasn’t about being scared as it was taking stars from small markets and throwing them in the big markets with other stars

200.gif

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The NBA owned the Hornets back then so they could do what they wanted.

Only player to join Bron via trade was Kevin Love. Are y’all really about to compare K-Love to CP3 :mjlol:

The NBA was all fine with the trade until Mark Cuban and co cried like hoes about it.....the whole "The NBA owned the Hornets though!" excuse is dumb as shyt. The NBA gave the Hornets staff freedom to do what they want, so they made the Lakers trade. It was a done deal until the backlash after the news leaked.

It was a bullshyt move and there'll never be a reasonable excuse for it, especially when you see whats happened to the league since then with superteams

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Kobe wouldn't have got along with Paul. Harden allows CP3 to do him and play his type of game.

i think CP3 is one of the few nikkas Kobe would've let handle the ball besides him. A legendary PG in his prime. Not old ass Payton or Nash. When Nash first go to the Lakers, Kobe did play off ball a bit especially in preseason until Nash got hurt early.