Real talk I fully understand why most of the league was against CP3 joining Kobe

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nggas can talk that CP3 "selling out in the past" shyt if they want...but any real hooper knows that ngga was an animal in NO...:manny:

Another example of a ngga just tryin to go at it as a lone wolf....against teams full of too much firepower in his prime.

At the end of the day...no matter how nice he was...he was just a small point guard that wasn't gonna be able to overthrow great teams by himself (or with the pieces he had at the time.)

It's like KG wit the Celtics. It's a shame you didn't get to see prime Minny KG wit the Celtics... The media tried to dress it up like it was still superstar KG at the time....:rudy:but it wasn't that KG. It's the same thing with CP3 now on the Rockets...and your still seein an over the hill CP3 do work on nggas.
Cp3 in New Orleans is equivalent to right now Donovan Mitchell in Utah.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Didn’t know KD, CP3 and Ben Simmons been on his team.

Come on Skip..... don’t do this!!!

Martha
Breh in the middle of the season, nikkas was seriously trying to make “lebron to golden state” a discussion. Lebron is in that place where he can go where he wants, which should be the rockets tbh.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the grand scheme of things. I think everybody was trying to preserve some competitive edge after Bron/Wade/Bosh among other things. Paul to the lakers would of been a “flash forward to the finals” kind of situation.

CP to Lakers was in 2007 before LeBron and Miami were a thing. But kobe ended up getting gasol and got 2 more.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Its funny how people downplay kobe for not having as many finals mvp as bron. If cp3 had been allowed to join them I'm sure kobe squeezes out a few more finals mvps.

But if CP3 went to the Lakers, that would have been the end of Kobe's Finals MVPs

Last edited:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Nggas can talk that CP3 "selling out in the past" shyt if they want...but any real hooper knows that ngga was an animal in NO...:manny:

Another example of a ngga just tryin to go at it as a lone wolf....against teams full of too much firepower in his prime.

At the end of the day...no matter how nice he was...he was just a small point guard that wasn't gonna be able to overthrow great teams by himself (or with the pieces he had at the time.)

It's like KG wit the Celtics. It's a shame you didn't get to see prime Minny KG wit the Celtics... The media tried to dress it up like it was still superstar KG at the time....:rudy:but it wasn't that KG. It's the same thing with CP3 now on the Rockets...and your still seein an over the hill CP3 do work on nggas.

Wasn't CP3 averaging 30 and 20 one season :bryan:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Ah yes, another coli alternative reality classic: the narrative that the NBA somehow vetoed the Paul to Lakers trade for basketball reasons aka it wouldn't be fair, to stop a superteam, etc.

Of course the reality is less exciting - the team had no owner, therefore Stern was the defacto decision-maker and he found a better deal for the team elsewhere :manny:

Daps
I think a CP3/Kobe combo would have worked perfectly. CP3 would just feed Kobe the ball and help get him open. Their personalities would also mesh as well as they both have extremely high bball IQs, and are extreme competitors. They would have each other playing at their best.