Real talk do you understand the 3 branches of the government šŸ§ because a lot of conversations say not a lot of people do especially US!!

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and used to have

drivers classes
home ec
wood shop
metal shop....

breh we going backwards :snoop:
Yes we are going backwards. They also used to teach sex education so even if you were not getting any you at least knew how machinery worked. We also had to take physical education and learn about hygiene and proper food choices (pyramid).

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes we are going backwards. They also used to teach sex education so even if you were not getting any you at least knew how machinery worked. We also had to take physical education and learn about hygiene and proper food choices (pyramid).
breh this is bad

while china out here teaching its kids to be men and woman

i was in el paso my lat 6 years in the army

they still have high schools there that do all that :wow:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
if biden canā€™t do anything because of how our government is structured, why should i vote for him?

something isnā€™t adding up.

:jbhmm:
Checks and balances (if you are seriously asking).
The founding fathers of this country wanted to ensure that the President didn't operate like a King

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
This country does a terrible job of teaching government to its citizens. It explains why politics are so bad now.
Nah, a lot of dikkheads just weren't paying attention.

People seem to think history is boring and useless compared to English and Maths, so they see learning shyt like government and past events as basically an extracurricular.

Daps
Checks and balances (if you are seriously asking).
The founding fathers of this country wanted to ensure that the President didn't operate like a King
imagine the state this country would be in without the wise prescience of our founding fathers.

thanks for clearing that up.

:troll:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
if biden canā€™t do anything because of how our government is structured, why should i vote for him?

something isnā€™t adding up.

:jbhmm:

Checks and Balances were installed in the founding of the nation so that our country functioned like a democracy and not a monarchy, this is a really simple concept.

However, within the last 16 years, Republican extremists have hijacked the Legislative and Judicial branches of the government branches via gerrymandering (Black voter disenfranchisement) and the unfortunate death of Ruth Ginsburg which gave Trump the ability to appoint a conservative Supreme Court Justice.

The Executive Branch (Biden) can veto bills presented by Congress, issue Executive orders, and appointment Federal Judges...

Obama and Biden have run into issues enacting favorable policies over the last 16 years simply due to the fact Republicans have had a majority in legislation and kill any bill or law Democrats suggest..

Daps
Can we bush obvious trolls like @I Really Mean It during productive threads like this. This is the most refreshing and hopefully thread Iā€™ve saw in years here.
bush anyone who doesnā€™t lick the boot of liberal paternalism. we just donā€™t understand fundamental civics.

:sadcam:

Last edited:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
My boy mom is Haitian (thats why i dont rock with the disposa wars BS she is amazing woman and treats me like a son love her R.I.P)

she worked ans studied so damn hard for that citizenship test passed it top of her class

she was shocked we didnt know anything about the country she was like :dahell:

First day of Civics class in 9th grade (2000). Our Civics teacher handed everyone a US citizenship test and asked everyone to answer as many questions as possible. Obviously everyone failed etc.

He showed us how much we donā€™t know about Civics in this country and why the class was important. In my high school at the time you needed to pass Civics and US government to graduate.