real talk: black people need to stop moving to the burbs

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we reduced the crime in the our neighborhoods as well as owned our properties, most of us wouldn't have a reason to leave the hood for white areas. Being born and raised in Houston, these cacs are hungry for Third Ward and Fifth Ward since they're close to downtown. Only thing is that black people actually own homes in those neighborhoods and they refuse to sell their property. 3rd ward and 5th ward ain't even the worst parts of town either...which has helped black people stay in the area.

:leostare:

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
Gentrification is a motherfukker, breh. If you're ever in the H, drive through 4th ward. These white developers tore down both 4th ward and parts of 3rd ward and call the area "Midtown" and "Neartown". 3rd ward has been target by the same developers because it's prime real estate and these CACs ain't trying to drive up 288 no more.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Fukk dat...

I have 2 kids and want them to have some of the same chances I had growing up and more.

Good Schools, Programs, Parks, Tennis Courts all that sh!t.

I used to live in Dallas (proper) and DISD is one of the shyttest school districts in Texas.

Plus the housing cost in the actually city are ridic.

I just moved out to the burbs two years ago... I think I like it there :obama:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nigro did you read my post. Inglewood is not Compton and like i said, they have burbs that are nice and quiet and they're not up in the hills.
I live in Inglewood nikka.. parts of Inglewood is nice and there's some parts that are just like Compton. Compton is damn near all Mexican now anyways

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:laff:

nikka are you serious

I thought this was a thread about queens, or some on the cusp hood spots

but you're talking about the bottom of the barrel :aicmon:
it's happening in every major american city

you wouldn't know it judging from some areas of the city but the philly metro is one of the wealthiest places in the world. 6 million+ people.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Prices in the major cities are going way up and the longtime residents are getting replaced with yuppie transplants and culture stealing hipsters as a way to diversify the tax base. Honestly though, I plan on moving to Southeast DC on some re-gentrification shyt and since I live in Fort Washington now I'll at least have the audience necessary for a re-gentrification project. Cuz it'll be a fukkin tragedy to see Ward 7-8 lost to this process, imagine if MLK Blvd and Malcolm X Ave become as white as the U Street Corridor? :smh:

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
no u mean as soon as housing becomes cheap and black ppl have more money and are able to invade the burbs, the white folk with money are renovating the inner cities and leaving us again

This is happening all over the US. Where I live they are placing all those lazy ass nikkaz on section 8 way out west. While the white folks who lived out there are moving inner city and cleaning up. Taking advantage of the transit system that doesnt go as far out to those neighborhoods where they used to live. Close to the stadium, shopping, malls and the Zoo etc.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they're on the wrong side of history again

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.

Real shyt.

Same thing happening in Dallas, TX. All the black people are moving to the Southern suburbs. Areas like Cedar Hill, Desoto, Duncanville and Mansfield are turning ghetto as fukk while they are building many new Condominiums downtown for young whites to leave in.

nikkas don't learn. :snoop:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Real talk, gentrification is the best thing that ever happen to the hood. Get these po' nikkas out the city so I can walk about in my pink shorts, RL polo, and boat shoes without worrying about getting mugged :pacspit: