Reading this Cyborg appreciation thread is so depressing.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Geoff Johns doesn't fukk with John Stewart, he a Hal fanboy, so he highkey tried to finesse Cyborg into a "founding member" of the Justice League 5 years ago when they rebooted/modernized the comic book universe. DC Comic fans called this out years ago, as it was transparent as fukk. i.e. More diversity was 'needed' and the blatantly obvious/popular solution would be John Stewart... so to circumvent that he ditched Martian Manhunter for Cyborg (universally affiliated with the Teen Titans) so that 'diversity' quota was fulfilled and they could keep the other white guy (Hal) on the team.
Did they fix this in Rebirth?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Geoff Johns doesn't fukk with John Stewart, he a Hal fanboy, so he highkey tried to finesse Cyborg into a "founding member" of the Justice League 5 years ago when they rebooted/modernized the comic book universe. DC Comic fans called this out years ago, as it was transparent as fukk. i.e. More diversity was 'needed' and the blatantly obvious/popular solution would be John Stewart... so to circumvent that he ditched Martian Manhunter for Cyborg (universally affiliated with the Teen Titans) so that 'diversity' quota was fulfilled and they could keep the other white guy (Hal) on the team.

YEP.

Cyborg has always been a Teen Titan. Woulda made more sense to put Static on the team as the young member. But Geoff is such a silver-age fan wanker

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I 1st remember Cyborg from Super Friends. He was :yeshrug: on there, didn't give Black Lightning shine either.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I remember kids clowning cyborg way back during the teen titans run on cartoon network. This was at a hospital and they were showing teen titans in the waiting room. Some white kid was being really detailed on why cyborg sucks, it was like a focus group, i payed them no mind though. That was years ago when i was a kid, and i thought cyborg sucked back then too.

Cyborg had too much taken away from him and was given too little in return, so he has nothing to work with, not even a decent design.

Kids didn't like cyborg from the start yet DC trying real hard to push his ass. Cyborg is literally the corniest cyborg, Robocop better than him, Mega Man better than him, Bryan Fury is better than him, Pinocchio is better than him, All the Cyborgs in Mortal Kombat are better than him.

Dude doesn't even get shipped, if bytches ain't shipping you, your unpopular.

Hold on..He got shipped with Jinx for a little while :manny:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They need to give him a supporting cast. What are they doing with Steel? I think the two of them would work great together.

Also give him a life..... Maybe a job like a college professor, or something and have him interact with his pops more (is his pops alive in the books). Let him get some p*ssy or something..... Maybe make a female robot like Damage on the X-Men as a love interest that could eventually become a villainess....

Also it goes without saying even if he is on the JLA they could drum up easy sales by having him have adventure with members of the Titans...... Maybe even give him dual membership.

DC fukking this up is because like others said he was a token character and they don't know what to do with him or even really care.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did they fix this in Rebirth?
There was this story called Flashpoint 5-6 years ago in which the Flash was in his feelings and tried changing the past, which caused a ripple effect in time stream that caused more harm than good. At the end of the story, DC introduced a newly rebooted/retooled DC universe, in which Cyborg was a founding member, among other changes and tweaks.

This 'rebirth' thing they started a couple months back is basically another retool/repackaging effort but without pressing the reset button. And so the Cyborg/JL stuff is still largely the same, he's still a founding member and i think they're going to try and relaunch his book again.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They need to give him a supporting cast. What are they doing with Steel? I think the two of them would work great together.

Also give him a life..... Maybe a job like a college professor, or something and have him interact with his pops more (is his pops alive in the books). Let him get some p*ssy or something..... Maybe make a female robot like Damage on the X-Men as a love interest that could eventually become a villainess....

Also it goes without saying even if he is on the JLA they could drum up easy sales by having him have adventure with members of the Titans...... Maybe even give him dual membership.

DC fukking this up is because like others said he was a token character and they don't know what to do with him or even really care.

I think they need to give him a good love interest(Zatanna anyone? a little science and magic) give him his own mythos, supporting cast and villains. Also feats.

I think the writer of that Cyborg book tried some of this (i skimmed thru an issue or two months back) but i found the love interest (this lab woman at his dad's job) to be boring.. as well as the villains, which seemed like evil robots from another dimension... or somethin. The ideas/execution weren't well received is the impression i always got from others who read that run.

Someone like Zatanna would actually be a good look. Having a 'bad female' of stature who actually digs him could go along way in bringing some excitement/interest his way; would open up doors to branch out in other books too. So would some team ups with Nightwing, Starfire and 'em, but with him actually being the leader/central figure.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I remember kids clowning cyborg way back during the teen titans run on cartoon network. This was at a hospital and they were showing teen titans in the waiting room. Some white kid was being really detailed on why cyborg sucks, it was like a focus group, i payed them no mind though. That was years ago when i was a kid, and i thought cyborg sucked back then too.

Cyborg had too much taken away from him and was given too little in return, so he has nothing to work with, not even a decent design.

Kids didn't like cyborg from the start yet DC trying real hard to push his ass. Cyborg is literally the corniest cyborg, Robocop better than him, Mega Man better than him, Bryan Fury is better than him, Pinocchio is better than him, All the Cyborgs in Mortal Kombat are better than him.

Dude doesn't even get shipped, if bytches ain't shipping you, your unpopular.

My dude said Pinocchio is better than him!:mjlol: shyt is the troof too tho. Worst cyborg ever! This muthafukka doesn't even have a real name, just Cyborg.:upsetfavre: Most cyborgs actually have cool names that gives them some sort of identity with their cyborg-ness. Not this dude...:martin: