Reading this Cyborg appreciation thread is so depressing.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Giving how badly they mismanaged John Stewart, Steel, and all the Milestone characters, why would Cyborg be any different? :francis:
because DC was pushing him. put him in the JL(took the other blackguy out). Cartoon movies feature. live action movie. his buddy buddy link with captain marvel ...etc

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Geoff Johns doesn't fukk with John Stewart, he a Hal fanboy, so he highkey tried to finesse Cyborg into a "founding member" of the Justice League 5 years ago when they rebooted/modernized the comic book universe. DC Comic fans called this out years ago, as it was transparent as fukk. i.e. More diversity was 'needed' and the blatantly obvious/popular solution would be John Stewart... so to circumvent that he ditched Martian Manhunter for Cyborg (universally affiliated with the Teen Titans) so that 'diversity' quota was fulfilled and they could keep the other white guy (Hal) on the team.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Geoff Johns doesn't fukk with John Stewart, he a Hal fanboy, so he highkey tried to finesse Cyborg into a "founding member" of the Justice League 5 years ago when they rebooted/modernized the comic book universe. DC Comic fans called this out years ago, as it was transparent as fukk. i.e. More diversity was 'needed' and the blatantly obvious/popular solution would be John Stewart... so to circumvent that he ditched Martian Manhunter for Cyborg (universally affiliated with the Teen Titans) so that 'diversity' quota was fulfilled and they could keep the other white guy (Hal) on the team.
yep been saying this

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Problem was that for the first several years of the reboot or the "push", Cyborg didnt' do shyt but monitor duty in the watchtower. All the other justice leaguers had their own solo books and supporting cast. All Cyborg did was bytch about his life in the watchtower and act as Batman's calculator. That was it.

So fast forward to that first DC vs Marvel cinematic showmanship shyt a couple years back where, as an answer to Black Panther, they bomb first and announce a "Cyborg" movie... at which point everyone is lookin at them like.. "you ain't done jack shyt with Cyborg!" Then social media got wind and all the complaints about Cyborg picked up steam. It was then DC finally decided to give Cyborg a solo book and hired a black author to pen it. But it apparently wasn't well received, sales sucked, and he left the book after 9 issues. So at this point, Cyborg is just that elephant in the room. Which stinks for his segment of actual fans b/c he was always largely ignored/neglected anyway but then once opportunity arose due to the John Stewart stuff, he was treated largely as an after-thought quota filler.

Daps
I remember kids clowning cyborg way back during the teen titans run on cartoon network. This was at a hospital and they were showing teen titans in the waiting room. Some white kid was being really detailed on why cyborg sucks, it was like a focus group, i payed them no mind though. That was years ago when i was a kid, and i thought cyborg sucked back then too.

Cyborg had too much taken away from him and was given too little in return, so he has nothing to work with, not even a decent design.

Kids didn't like cyborg from the start yet DC trying real hard to push his ass. Cyborg is literally the corniest cyborg, Robocop better than him, Mega Man better than him, Bryan Fury is better than him, Pinocchio is better than him, All the Cyborgs in Mortal Kombat are better than him.

Dude doesn't even get shipped, if bytches ain't shipping you, your unpopular.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He fit the story that they were tellin

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yes, the new comic isn't that good.

But, this is what happens when we "demand" black characters as a opposed to actual good stories.

They'll throw all the black characters in a corner and say "see, we've got diversity :troll:"

smh I'd rather black writers just get a chance to cut their teeth rather than do the "black book, black writer" thing

A brother can make a Cyclops book,

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
As much as I liked the Rebirth starting from 04, this couldn't be anymore true :dayum: