Rayman Legends no longer Wii U exclusive and delayed till September

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lol at anyone who bought a wii u

i got conned purchasing a wii but never again, my wii is in the basement hooked up to a old tv just for netflix purposes when im down there.

sorry once ps4 n the new xbox is out with those graphics, and all those games and online play, the wii u is dead

hell even if i cant afford a ps4 or xbox as a parent id buy a 360 or ps3 over a crappy ass wii u

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Wait, some of you guys actually thought Wii U was gonna be a good system? :wtf:

What was their last system people could be proud to own that had a solid library? Nintendo 64? That came out 17 years ago. :flabbynsick:

gamecube breh

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those games can't be ported because the hardware isn't gonna be able to handle them. its like how Activision had different developers make Call of Duty for the Wii. because the Wii U hardware doesn't compare developers will have to make dedicated games for it.

Sure Nintendo has games that sell well but let's be honest Mario Galaxy 2 did like what 6-7 million in its lifetime. Black Ops II did that in a month. at the end of it all Nintendo can't produce enough Mario Karts, Smash Bros, Marios, and Zeldas to justify the purchase for many gamers.

the Wii has 2 Zeldas one was a Gamecube port. 2 Marios. 1 Smash Bros. 1 Mario Kart.

i don't regret buying my Wii U but i think they're gonna have a very hard time making this thing anything more than a very modest success and will probably finish a distant 3rd place in this coming generation.

the gap between wii and 360/ps3 was far greater than the gap is going to be for this gen. the gap between the wii-u and the Xbox is shaping up to be the same as the gap between Xbox and PS4. down scaling wont be as difficult as the previous gen, especially if the other consoles also include touchscreens/tablet controls (as sony appears to be doing and MS seems to be leaving the option open). the thing that made wii difficult to port wasn't just the graphics capability but also the mechanics of motion control. this time it appears the other companies are following nintendos lead with the tablet idea (of course they will differentiate theirs) so the gaming mechanics will be somewhat similar and the graphics capabilities may be lesser but it wont be as large a gap as this gen. with MS also leaning on the GPU the game design will be easier to port.

basically, if Sony and MS completely ignore the tablet controller idea than nintendo will struggle for ports (which is why some games currently released on ps3/360 are not being ported to wii-u). but if they go ahead with the tablets/touch screens, they will actually make it easier for nintendo to get third party support. third party support is not guaranteed but the more similar the gaming mechanics/controls are the more likelyhood it is that nintendo will get that support down the line

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Game is nice but im wondering why they have a pentagram at the end of every level.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was gonna get this but I only just got Pikmin 3 and after im finished that I'm getting W101. Plus I still havent finished Monster Hunter so it will be a while before I get around to Rayman. If it came out when it was originally going to I would have copped it when I got my wii u but for now there's too many other games I really want to play. I'll get it eventually because I live side scrollers and the challenge app is dope.