Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 3 - Aaliyah

How Would You Rate Aaliyahs Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Aaliyah was supposed to be the mother of my kids :mjcry: Loved her music but I think she was a strong 6 vocally. She could sing but I was never blown away. Thing is, she was only getting better because as its been mentioned, her final album had some of her strongest efforts vocally. Aaliyahs strength was always in her mellow delivery & her production, which -- all credit to Timbo & Missy -- was well ahead of its' time. Her music was innovative & she was crazy charismstic, which played a much bigger role in her success than her voice. She had it, strength of her vocals be damned.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Aaliyah was supposed to be the mother of my kids :mjcry: Loved her music but I think she was a strong 6 vocally. She could sing but I was never blown away. Thing is, she was only getting better because as its been mentioned, her final album had some of her strongest efforts vocally. Aaliyahs strength was always in her mellow delivery & her production, which -- all credit to Timbo & Missy -- was well ahead of its' time. Her music was innovative & she was crazy charismstic, which played a much bigger role in her success than her voice. She had it, strength of her vocals be damned.

Beautiful write up breh. Life ain't fair :to:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I just don't like her voice it's cringe worthy to me, imagine nails being scratched up against a chalk board...

That's how bad she sounds, ugh.
:russ: I'm definitely tagging you in future threads. If you think aaliyah is nails on chalkboard status, can't wait to read your opinion on the others I have in mind.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Your feelings are gonna be hurt when Beyonce gets her thread..

As if yall can be objective when it comes to Bey

That said, I'm late, but I would give Aaliyah a 6

Enjoyed her tone...tho she was limited

Believe there was room for improvement