Rate This Singer - Female Edition - Day 3 - Aaliyah

How Would You Rate Aaliyahs Vocals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
She was pretty good for what she was...:leon: She can sing...

Last album was amazing... :wow: Timbo & others laced the shyt outta them beats...

:dj2::dj2::dj2:

That shyt went hard man I can't lie. Aaliyah was his masterpiece. Her style and voice really made Timbs beats that much better. Never thought anyone could do more justice to a Timb beat like Aaliyah. But then I heard Jay-Zs Black Album :wow:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I honestly can say Beyonce wouldn't have catapulted as high as she did if Aaliyah had lived. Bey still woulda been a star but she wouldn't have had the game in a chokehold if Aaliyah was there. Ashanti prolly wouldn't have popped as hard as she did either cause the music game was craving for an Aaliyah replacement and Ashanti filled that void.

great point about Ashanti :ehh:

i'd make the same argument about Ciara as well especially with how she came out the gate doing songs with Missy

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
such a tragedy is because she died right when she was about to level up and become a better singer
Yea right. She was what she was. Vocal ability don’t improve that dramatically

Give her a 5....and that’s me being generous

Can we go ahead and get A. Keys out the way? Got a 1 w/ her name on it

Archangel

Banned
Daps

Can we go ahead and get A. Keys out the way? Got a 1 w/ her name on it
:russ: I love Alicia so much that my heart couldn't take all them 1's and 2's that will get dropped on her head. She's in the same category as Mary J. Sub par voice with great production/songs.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Not a powerhouse vocalist but her texture is one of the best. She has very soothing and seductive voice. It retains its warmth even when she goes into her lower register. Very pleasant voice.

Jinx`

Well damn.
Daps
Reppin
15-10
I'm late to this but Aaliyah's a shy singer that varied with her mood... If her confidence was on, 8 or 9 easy.. If she wasn't feelin it (like most her live performances) ...6 or 5 since always she got nervous. On albums she's good but she was slackin in training a bit on the 2nd album so she fell off from when RK was training her.. She was starting to come back by the 3rd album tho

Can’t disrespect the dead:hubie:
:mjpls:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
great point about Ashanti :ehh:

i'd make the same argument about Ciara as well especially with how she came out the gate doing songs with Missy
Forgot about Ciara. Probably because she came so late. I think she dropped in what 05-06? Aaliyah had been gone for some time. Ashanti dropped right after Aaliyah like in 02 I think.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I'm late to this but Aaliyah's a shy singer that varied with her mood... If her confidence was on, 8 or 9 easy.. If she wasn't feelin it (like most her live performances) ...6 or 5 since always she got nervous. On albums she's good but she was slackin in training a bit on the 2nd album so she fell off from when RK was training her.. She was starting to come back by the 3rd album tho

:mjpls:
As a singer, I definitely can hear nervousness in another singers voice when performing live. I can hear that little shakiness or tremble in her voice early on.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
One thing I can say about Aaliyah is that her music has definitely stood the test of time. At Your Best made a come back in 05 thanks to that T.I movie ATL. Urban radio stations bump Are You That Somebody, 4 Page Letter, One in a Million to this day. I applaud her for that because I can't say the same for someone like a Mariah Carey. Can't tell you the last time I've heard one of her songs except All I Want For Christmas is You.