How fine is Kentray Brown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Tar? Really? Enough, colorism something that dates back before slavery due to white supremacy across the globe, and you want to compare it to a preference? People getting killed because they are perceived as more dangerous because of darker skin. Women being called masculine for having dark skin, Men being called feminine because of lightskin. Being perceived as more or less intelligent because of skin color. Being compared to an animal because of skin color. The caste system, house field slave mentality, the paper bad test etc... I don't care if you are trolling. You had dark butt, now tar, stop.
He was completely out of line for saying "dark as tar"
I completely agree.

But can a man liking lightskin women been seen as a preference according to you?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
He was completely out of line for saying "dark as tar"
I completely agree.

But can a man liking lightskin women been seen as a preference according to you?

I feel like the is water tainted and always will be. I don't have a skin color preference and maybe that is because of how I was raised? Like being taught about slavery and colorism, living in the south and seeing it play out it is just something I never judge a persons attractiveness by, I don't prefer a skin color. How do you truly know why you like lighter skin more in a world where non-black is best is constantly pushed? Even subliminally. How can you even say you like it more without saying you find darker skin less desirable? That in essence is what you are saying with a preference. Once it's less desirable why? Honestly why? People like to say I just like it when it comes to these conversations but never really delve into why. There is a reason for everything.

Even the reason women prefer darker skinned men is rooted in colorism. They are the same reasons the men who prefer lighter skin don't prefer darker skinned women. Seen a masculine, while lighter skin is associated with femininity. You have people saying things like dude acting lightskin because he is showing emotion or is "pretty". And who made it this way? Who pushes these stereotypes? In the south it was a little different because for some men and women lightskin was seen as a prize. A yella with pretty hair and/or eyes.

Which brings me to light skin being associated with certain features as well. Them being considered more exotic and more special while your own features are just regular and not as good. I have seen lighter skin people with less Eurocentric features be called less attractive. Most people who prefer lighter skin also like to date non-black and bi-racial. There is just..."something" that draws them to non-black features. But honestly is it really just "something"? I don't really see how you can separate colorism from just "having a preference".

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I feel like that is water tainted and always will be. I don't have a skin color preference and maybe that is because of how I was raised? Like being taught about slavery and colorism, living in the south and seeing it play out it is just something I never judge a persons attractiveness by, I don't prefer a skin color. How do you truly know why you like lighter skin more on a world where non-black is best is constantly pushed? Even subliminally. How can you even say you like it more without saying you find darker skin less desirable? That in essence is what you was saying with a preference. Once it's less desirable why? Honestly why? People like to say I just like it when it comes to these conversations but never really delve into why. There is a reason for everything.

Even the reason women prefer darker skinned men is rooted in colorism. They are the same reasons the men who prefer lighter skin don't prefer darker skinned women. Seen a masculine, while lighter skin is associated with femininity. You have people saying things like dude acting lightskin because he is showing emotion or is "pretty". And who made it this way? Who pushes these stereotypes? In the south it was a little different because for some men and women lightskin was seen as a prize. A yella with pretty hair and/or eyes.

Which brings me to light skin being associated with certain features as well. Them being considered more exotic and more special while your own features are just regular and not as good. I have seen lighter skin people with less Eurocentric features be called less attractive. Most people who prefer lighter skin also like to date non-black and bi-racial. There is just..."something" that draws them to non-black features. But honestly is it really just "something"? I don't really see how you can separate colorism from just "having a preference".
While I understand where your coming from I feel like sometimes it should be seen as just a preference and nothing more.

In my opinion it seems as if the preferences men may or may not have for women are always over-analyzed and dissected in this way that women's preferences(except when it comes to having a preference for men outside of their race) usually aren't.

And why is that?

Why must the reasoning behind a man's preference be about shaming or damaging the self-esteem of the women he doesn't like, yet women's preferences are something men just have to "deal with"?

For instance women's height preference and men's weight preference.

Technically no one is obligated to find anyone attractive, but it seems like a woman liking men of a particular height is seen as a preference and nothing more.

Yet men not wanting to be with women of a particular weight is for whatever reason seen as fat shaming or claiming fat women aren't attractive.

It's like as a man society tells you "How dare you not find larger women attractive. That way of thinking ruins the self-esteem of larger women and you must take that into accountability" yet a larger woman not finding short men attractive is simply her preference that we must accept.

I think the same way you said that men who don't like dark skin women usually associate dark skin with masculinity, height for women can also be looked at as a masculine/feminine thing.

A tall muscular man is seen as masculine, yet a small framed short man (much like Kent) is seen as feminine or doesn't have the ability to protect his significant other.
I'm 6'1 by the way:hubie:
Just letting it be known before anyone thinks I'm taking this personally:hubie:
Just an observation I've noticed :hubie:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
While I understand where your coming from I feel like sometimes it should be seen as just a preference and nothing more.

In my opinion it seems as if the preferences men may or may not have for women are always over-analyzed and dissected in this way that women's preferences(except when it comes to having a preference for men outside of their race) usually aren't.

And why is that?

Why must the reasoning behind a man's preference be about shaming or damaging the self-esteem of the women he doesn't like, yet women's preferences are something men just have to "deal with"?

For instance women's height preference and men's weight preference.

Technically no one is obligated to find anyone attractive, but it seems like a woman liking men of a particular height is seen as a preference and nothing more.

Yet men not wanting to be with women of a particular weight is for whatever reason seen as fat shaming or claiming fat women aren't attractive.

It's like as a man society tells you "How dare you not find larger women attractive. That way of thinking ruins the self-esteem of larger women and you must take that into accountability" yet a larger woman not finding short men attractive is simply her preference that we must accept.

I think the same way you said that men who don't like dark skin women usually associate dark skin with masculinity, height for women can also be looked at as a masculine/feminine thing.

A tall muscular man is seen as masculine, yet a small framed short man (much like Kent) is seen as feminine or doesn't have the ability to protect his significant other.
I'm 6'1 by the way:hubie:
Just letting it be known before anyone thinks I'm taking this personally:hubie:
Just an observation I've noticed :hubie:

There is always a method, there is always a reason. There is a reason you prefer one thing over another and to deny that is to be in denial of the truth because they don't want to be that guy. They don't want to admit a possible issue, they don't want to be part of a problem. They don't want to be shamed.

Women's choices are analyzed, I just did when I said why darker skin is sometimes preferred by them. There are women with color issues. There were whole families down here that would let people marry darker than a certain shade. There are women who value eurocentric features. I have said this over and over that colorism is not a male only thing. Then they say women want a thug, a bad boy they want aggression, they want security, they want money etc... It won't be mostly on looks because they say women look for those things that I just named. We are judged for them, and when we say different we are told we are lying.

I don't knock a height preference, or weight preference. I don't buy that whole fat shaming thing it's dumb to me. And true height and body type is rooted in masculinity and femininity. But here is the thing height and weight is not a racial thing. Those things don't have the history of skin color and race. It's not even the same as a white person preferring tanned or pale skin because it's all still white. Like I said the water is tainted and it may not be fair but that's life. That's living a place where there are racial divides and white is the standard of beauty this has been happening for centuries, it's ingrained so how could you separate it? For some it's not even a conscious thing.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"oh, im taller and i dont want to look down on my dude"

cool, whole lotta black men that dont wanna be with a chick the same complexion or darker. why? cus he dont like the way it FEEEEELS :tongue:

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
the fact that none of you can logically defend your height preference speaks volumes, nikki. :(
"oh, im taller and i dont want to look down on my dude"

cool, whole lotta black men that dont wanna be with a chick the same complexion or darker. why? cus he dont like the way it FEEEEELS :tongue:

The average American man is 5'9 so your delusions don't fit into reality. Most women here are dating short men, the fact that you're still crying about this lunatics height days later says volumes about you.

Why don't you logically express why you identify with this man so much. Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The average American man is 5'9 so your delusions don't fit into reality.

my reality is that height prejudice seems to be the last accepted form of discrimination

Most women here are dating short men,

most of you are dating men taller than you, yourself included

the fact that you're still crying about this lunatics height days later says volumes about you.

Why don't you logically express why you identify with this man so much. Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?

maybe :francis:

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
my reality is that height prejudice seems to be the last accepted form of discrimination

most of you are dating men taller than you, yourself included

maybe :francis:

The average man is taller than the average woman, this is not anything new. I have tall friends who don't mind dating short men and their are plenty of couples that are the same height.