Rate This City: Day 76 - Austin Texas

Rate: Austin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
White people's Houston in terms of appeal.

Much deeper black/southern history than is apparent today.

Overrated bbq.

Competes with Houston for worst traffic in the state

I use to want to move there cuz of the tech scene once upon a time( :whew:glad I didn't make that mistake).
How come you didn't move? I'm trying to get into the tech scene, so I'm curious on why?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Damn near missed this one and its one of my most interested cities. I've heard good things about it, especially the food scene. Would definitely consider moving there. Shoot, I'd consider moving to Houston or Dallas too. I'd put Austin third behind those two as far as Texas cities go but Austin definitely looks like a decent city. I hear its got a nice vibe out there and I think plenty of festivals and things to do. Weather don't seem too bad either like the other Texas cities but of course not what I'm used to. Definitely in my top 5 US cities to visit list. Hopefully I take a trip out there the next few years.

Daps
Austin almost has a population of 1 million? :dwillhuh:

Is that Austin proper, or metro Austin?

I’d say metro, that entire area has grown fast. I almost moved there after I dropped out of college but knew a big black girl wouldn’t get any play in Austin so I moved back to Dallas. Thanks to all the dirty white hipster chicks I actually do pretty well with the men when I go down to visit. I won’t do a relationship with a man in Austin while I’m in DFW, people down there stay single for a long time so there’s ample hook up opportunities for all ages, races, and body types- basically anyone who doesn’t want to settle down. Like most people I know down there are married or bed hopping, there is no safe in between.

Daps
Austin got a spirit about it where no matter how old you are you always feel young at heart. That's the best way I can describe it. I do find myself missing it from time to time.
It’s Peter Pan syndrome. People down there refuse to grow up. It’s what makes the city fun but then also makes a lot of people really flakey and unreliable.