Rate this anime thread day 4: Samurai Champloo

Rank Samurai Champloo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

One of the best shows. Rarely is there ever one without flaws but this one is close. Might be a bit bias too because of the soundtrack :wow:

Also tag me in this series as well OP.

Done.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
@SJUGRAD13 tag me

Went with 8 because of how short it is like someone said. Pacing felt fine but there's so much more they could've done that it almost feels rushed at the same time. Could've had the gang track down famous Feudal era lords and rewrite history and shyt, also could've had mini arcs to flesh out Jin/Mugen as characters more. That era and the hip hop beats blended perfectly so the sky was the limit.

Soundtrack is GOAT in anime, no question. Rip Nujabes

I'll give it a 8 but it's a strong one, could even go 9. Can't do 10 though, a lot of meat was left on the bone.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Watching this after watching Bebop with Lupin the 3rd chugging along on a torrent was one of the best anime experiences I had short of watching Bebop on Adult Swim each sunday in high school with two cold beers late night back in the day.

I remember I out the Big-O on the side once I got wind of this shyt and downloaded whatever I could. Really need to buy the complete series along with Bebop and have a good one.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
10. Most people don't realize the Christian references and how Watanbe mixed the Japanese Christian counter culture movement with the art of hip hop and it's subversive, anti-government underpinnings. Basically political establishment against the individual and the subsequent movement.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's a goat tier anime IMO such a dope mixture of Hip-Hop culture, Samurai and Japan. Mugen and Jin are great dual protagonists who really complement each other. One of my favorite aspects of the show was its ability to shift tones depending on the episode from comedic to serious & cerebral. Lastly, Nujabes and Fat Jon laced the score/soundtrack and make the cypher complete. :wow: