• Poll closed .

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man I’m still salty bg3 ain’t got a rtwp mode but it is what it is :mjcry:
I wouldn't be surprised if they added one in eventually. All bullshyt aside tho, BG3 is probably gonna be flames when the full release hits :wow:
The list of nominees for GOTY in this thread is :trash:

Its coming to consoles in March. I'll keep an eye out for it :ehh:
I'll say this, when you do get it pick it up - its not one of those games where hard mode is normal and normal is baby gaming mode. You will get your teeth kicked in on the regular :mjlol:

Also the replay value is crazy too. I'm on my second run right now and the writing/layout is stupid high quality. Even running chaotic good in different ways will get you da variety of events throughout. I ain't even tried evil shyt or going full undead lich.... swarm-that-walks looks ridiculous. I can't think of another game in the genre that has RTWP and Turn based done so well at the same time either.

My only complaint was the crusader mode but it was easy enough to power through and now its been patched up to a decent spot as well.

There were a lot of good games this year. RE8 was a dope ride, Dread restored the feeling, Rise was so good that the content couldn't keep up with its own framework :dead:, Infinite reminded people that honest arena shooters still have a place, etc.

Pathfinder was the only game that, for me, came across like a legitimate landmark in its genre. Haven't felt this way about a title since XCom came back. Its unfriendly as hell to anyone not trying to learn its mechanics but infinitely rewarding to those that do. The fact that it doesn't even get brought up often enough is proof that these outlets and journalists don't even play games like that. RPG fans shouldn't be able to miss something like this

edit: honorable mention SMT :manny: shyt was flames even if it runs like dogshyt

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
It's Returnal and not even close for me.

But I'm playing Death's Door and that definitely deserves a shout out. It's excellent, y'all should play it if you think it looks interesting. It's beautiful and controls perfectly. Legitimately might be number 2 for me.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's Returnal and not even close for me.

But I'm playing Death's Door and that definitely deserves a shout out. It's excellent, y'all should play it if you think it looks interesting. It's beautiful and controls perfectly. Legitimately might be number 2 for me.

It felt like a really good first game that could have a GOAT sequel/spiritual successor. They took some good cues from old school Zelda