Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has dynamic 4k 60 fps raytracing mode in day 1 patch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are we just hitting the limits of these consoles? This was supposed to be the 4K generation but we're months into it and developers have to use trickery to get to 4K by upscaling lower resolutions. Seems like games should be native 4K 60FPS.
4K 60fps is pointless. DLSS works fine and besides if you want higher fidelity like ray tracing you can kiss native 4K goodbye.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
4K 60fps is pointless. DLSS works fine and besides if you want higher fidelity like ray tracing you can kiss native 4K goodbye.

Yeah, i think you’d even be hard pressed to tell the difference with the way insomniac does it

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Damn finally, I bought this damn TV and it would be nice to see some more true next gen shyt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Are we just hitting the limits of these consoles? This was supposed to be the 4K generation but we're months into it and developers have to use trickery to get to 4K by upscaling lower resolutions. Seems like games should be native 4K 60FPS.
U will lose out on game fidelity in favor of resolution which is stupid imo. Even the highest end GPU’s benefit from shyt like DLSS which I will take ANY day over full resolution if it means better fps.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
U will lose out on game fidelity in favor of resolution which is stupid imo. Even the highest end GPU’s benefit from shyt like DLSS which I will take ANY day over full resolution if it means better fps.

Yeah, like i said before there are 100’s of ways to upscale and fake 4k, you can’t really fake frame pacing though.\

I don’t think I’ve seen a clear example of native 4k being that much better than dynamic/upscaled

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
These consoles were never gonna be native 4K/60FPS machines. That's your own fault for believing that was a thing.

And 4K resolution is a waste of resources.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, like i said before there are 100’s of ways to upscale and fake 4k, you can’t really fake frame pacing though.\

I don’t think I’ve seen a clear example of native 4k being that much better than dynamic/upscaled
Yea. Which is why I’m excited that PS5/Series X are getting their own versions of DLSS for console within the next year or so.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We stay eatin over here

giphy.gif

Insomniac gods:blessed:
Imagine being 25+ and getting excited for Nickelodeon's Ratchet and clank. And who the fukk didn't know this or anything else wouldn't be dynamic 4k :hhh:

I see how y'all getting mad too so I'm gonna keep my boot on your respective jawlines :win:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine being 25+ and getting excited for Nickelodeon's Ratchet and clank. And who the fukk didn't know this or anything else wouldn't be dynamic 4k :hhh:

I see how y'all getting mad too so I'm gonna keep my boot on your respective jawlines :win:

img%5D

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

A lot of fake 4k eh :francis:

Son. That resolution shyt is goofy. Hit me when performance is far better. Fake 4K/60fps >>>>>> real 4K/ variable fps. Only people who talk this bullshyt is people who try to incite console wars. Or don’t know wtf they really talkin bout. Highest end PC’s have to use DLSS to hit target framerates in some games. It is what it is. Resolution NEVER was end all be all and I been saying this shyt for years now. Anything after 1440p is perfectly fine. And a great compromise for performance.