Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has dynamic 4k 60 fps raytracing mode in day 1 patch.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I mean its all subjective, theres nothing to really be impartial about. If we are going by facts then spider-man greatly outsold GoW.
It's spiderman, of course it outsold. I'm not talking sales though. They came out the same year and God of got all the awards and critical acclaim. That's what I'm getting at.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Untitled-1d66318e9f4d2ab71.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's spiderman, of course it outsold. I'm not talking sales though. They came out the same year and God of got all the awards and critical acclaim. That's what I'm getting at.

Meh, its the same reason why something like the revenant (which ironically uses the single shot camera method as GoW) wins an Oscar and Infinity War would never. Yet, while I loved the Revenant I’ve probably watched infinity war 50x’s

They serve different masters, which is why i said it could be argued

Daps
:smh:

and I personally enjoyed spider-man more than GOW but nah

insomniac did their thing tho last gen imo
I enjoyed GOW too but it has become a little overrated. Same recycled enemies, empty world, lack of boss fights, etc. and a lot of walking and talking
It is Demon's Souls combined w/ TLOU but doesn't have the same emotional impact as TLOU IMO
GOW 2 will and should easily surpass it even though it won't be on the level it should be since it's cross gen

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed GOW too but it has become a little overrated. Same recycled enemies, empty world, lack of boss fights, etc. and a lot of walking and talking
It is Demon's Souls combined w/ TLOU but doesn't have the same emotional impact as TLOU IMO
GOW 2 will and should easily surpass it even though it won't be on the level it should be since it's cross gen

playing GOW in 60 fps gave me a new appreciation for the fighting in the game but I agree with everything you said tho…but a lot of that can be said for spider-man as well minus the boss fights and replace walking and talking with web-swinging while on the phone…I’m a huge fan of spider-man tho so I was less critical of those points and the web-swinging was way more fun than just walking around lol

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Meh, its the same reason why something like the revenant (which ironically uses the single shot camera method as GoW) wins an Oscar and Infinity War would never. Yet, while I loved the Revenant I’ve probably watched infinity war 50x’s

They serve different masters, which is why i said it could be argued
That wasn't a problem for the Arkham games.

Insomniac has not been on that elite level since ps2. They not on naughty dog or Santa Monica level. You can put them over guerrilla, but horizon can come through and crush the buildings.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are we just hitting the limits of these consoles? This was supposed to be the 4K generation but we're months into it and developers have to use trickery to get to 4K by upscaling lower resolutions. Seems like games should be native 4K 60FPS.

Daps
playing GOW in 60 fps gave me a new appreciation for the fighting in the game but I agree with everything you said tho…but a lot of that can be said for spider-man as well minus the boss fights and replace walking and talking with web-swinging while on the phone…I’m a huge fan of spider-man tho so I was less critical of those points and the web-swinging was way more fun than just walking around lol
my point is people act like GOW is some perfect masterful groundbreaking game when it is just a really good game combining Dark Souls + TLOU with a handful of flaws imo. TLOU 1 and 2 had a much greater emotional impact than what GOW was trying to pull off. That's why I'm looking so forward to GOW2 so we get the GOW SM really wanted to make ignoring cross gen issues.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Are we just hitting the limits of these consoles? This was supposed to be the 4K generation but we're months into it and developers have to use trickery to get to 4K by upscaling lower resolutions. Seems like games should be native 4K 60FPS.

It’s the raytracing that is taxing the systems. I mean think about it, you can’t get a 4k/60fps with raytracing on a pc for 500 dollars. You’d have to spend at least 3 x’s that amount.

Last gen the dream of playing a AAA game ins 4k/60fps or even just 60fps was a dream

I think resolution is the easiest thing to fake nowadays so you’re not missing much by not including native 4k

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my point is people act like GOW is some perfect masterful groundbreaking game…

oh I definitely got into it with folks for that in the GOW thread a couple of years back…and as much as I enjoyed it recently, it doesn’t come close to being the game of the generation that folks claimed it was…wasn’t even the best PS4 exclusive imo

Daps
oh I definitely got into it with folks for that in the GOW thread a couple of years back…and as much as I enjoyed it recently, it doesn’t come close to being the game of the generation that folks claimed it was imo
I think TLOU2, RDR2, etc. are better in terms of being game of the generation material so I can understand someone saying they think Spiderman is better.

Last edited:

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Can a PC GPU equivalent to the ps5/series x do 4k 60 fps all the time :jbhmm: