raspberry pi

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: shiiidddd. I'm interested in turning it into a emulator box. If it's easy, then that would make this a instacop

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I read the best way to go is with the Raspberry pi 2 since it has a better processor. I'm seeing people say you can run SNES/NES/GENESIS and more with no problems at all. They recommend using a separate memory card for Kodi for movie streaming.

For 35 bucks, I don't see why everyone don't have one..... I wonder if I could set one up with alot of games and sell it with a remote

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For 35 bucks, I don't see why everyone don't have one..... I wonder if I could set one up with alot of games and sell it with a remote
I thought of the same thing. There's definitely flip potential if you're willing to put the work in. Buy a cheap Raspberry Pi. Load it with a bunch of old school ROMS. Bundle it with an HDMI cable and a controller. :jbhmm:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty

You mean 35 bucks to get in the door. Can't do shyt with an RPi out the box. At the end of the day, it's gonna cost the same as any other set top box.

The only "advantage" is if you like to tinker and build shyt. Intrinsic rewards.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You mean 35 bucks to get in the door. Can't do shyt with an RPi out the box. At the end of the day, it's gonna cost the same as any other set top box.

The only "advantage" is if you like to tinker and build shyt. Intrinsic rewards.
Amazon has a raspberry pi 2 kit for $70 with absolutely everything you need. I haven't checked the older models.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What else will I need? According to the link I posted all I would need is the pie

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah you need more than that. An RPi is bare bones. At the very least you need an SD card. So that's $35 plus the cost of that. :yeshrug:

Good look breh. I didn't think about the box for it. Now doing the math it's not really worth trying to hustle them unless I could sell for 100

For personal use, tho I'm pretty sure I don't need a box for it and I already have SD cards

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

That upgraded pi is looking tempting. I have a 3 as a retro console. But can it truly push a Plex server? I went overboard and copped a base Mac mini as a plex server but it was more about future proofing and handing 25GB 1080i tips with no issue.

Just wonder if a pi can handle the workload.

Either way this new model is a game changer and even the maxed out version is a steal. The will struggle to keep up with demand. Wonder what their profit margins are

• Dap
Reactions: L68