Raptors' Jontay Porter Being Investigated on Irregularities on Prop Betting

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

I'll never forget this, because I bet on this game and remember it vividly.

Game was trailing to hit the over. Final minutes all these buckets started getting close to the point total. OKC had last possession so if KD ran it out, over doesn't hit. He gives the ball to Carlise (this clip)
Turnover
Stevenson comes down with 8 seconds left, hoists up a 3, hits it. He hit two 3 pointers in those final 30 seconds.
The over hits. Most lines had it at 193.5.
Thankfully I had the over :pachaha:

What's crazy is all this betting shyt coming out now, after these last few years of every other commercial pushing a gambling site. It's hilarious to me how we went from this being taboo to be talked about on air, to suddenly it being embedded into the broadcasts.
Sportscasters, especially NBA wouldn't dare utter a word about lines/points/etc. Now you get half and half screens of the action and a sports site informercial :dead:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Makes me wonder. Did American Sports professional leagues purposefully have a more relaxed online gambling culture in the past 5 years, just so the FBI can swoop in and catch all the gamblers? :dead:

Would be diabolical if true :whew:
I figure that they were well aware of eventual FBI and government intervention and are trying to get as much bread in as they can before the inevitable oversight happens.

It's the only thing that makes sense as leagues are scared of government intervention, but are partaking in the main thing that will cause it to happen.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
GJdCI6NWAAA2OWk

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
This betting shyt gonna be a big problem

If the NBA wants to send a message they’ll suspend him 25 games minimum

Season ban wouldn’t be egregious with this muthafukka having the nerve to bet the under

Edit: year ban + indefinite suspension seems kinda excessive but I’d get it because NBA got to get this under control for the legitimacy of the game

Last edited:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
The very fact that people are even allowed to bet on any player's individual stats was basically asking for some shyt like this to happen. Bet it happens a lot more often than this in small $ amounts that escape notice.
What's even crazier is that these gambling companies found a loophole in states where gambling is illegal by basically formatting player prop bets as 'fantasy sports'. I'm telling you, we are going to be talking about a Gambling crisis in a few years.