Raptors Hoping To Make It Back To The 6...Game 6:heh: Cavs Vs Raptors Playoff Thread

Who advances

• Cavs in 4

• Raptors in 4

• Cavs in 5

• Raptors in 5

• Cavs in 6

• Raptors in 6

• Cavs in 7

• Raptors in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
How the fukk do you acknowledge that he's protecting his future/money, but then criticize him because Kidd played through injuries, as if that automatically makes him the better player (Kidd would have done the exact same thing under the same circumstances)? Futhermore, I don't wanna hear this nonsense about Kidd playing through injuries, as if Lowry hasn't played through injuries for the last 3-4 postseasons:

2015 postseason - Windhorst: Injuries taking toll on Lowry, Kyle Lowry’s health questioned amid Raptors’ playoff struggles - he injuried his back and missed nine games near the end of the regular season, he also was dealing with a shin contusion, infected hand and hamstring issues:

2016 postseason -

He fukked up his elbow near the end of the regular season, and was dealing with pain all throughout the postseason (plus had to have his elbow drained multiple times), while trying to work around it to change his shooting form. Prior to his elbow injury he averaged 22 ppg on 45% FG/60 TS% over nearly 70 games. Kidd never at any point of his career displayed that type of offensive production - he never even came remotely close. When Lowry returned - he ended up shooting 32% and averaging 16 ppg, just because of how much he struggled with that elbow injury. He still persevered throughout the entire postseason, and was the main reason the Raptors went all the way to the ECF and took the Cavs to six games. Not to mention he had multiple 30+ point games in the playoffs:

And this is all with him adjusting his form and dealing with the pain of that injury.

2017 postseason - Kyle Lowry to have wrist surgery, likely gone until playoffs - he broke his wrist (the same one he did 10 years earlier) and didn't return until the end of the season. The funny thing is, he had had been playing with it injured for most of the season until he injured it to the point where he couldn't even move his wrist when he woke up the next morning.

Once again, he displayed an offensive skillset and produced at a higher level than Kidd ever showed at any point of his career prior to that injury - 23 ppg on 46% FG/62% TS, while taking EIGHT 3-pointers a game and hitting them at 42% - he was a top-3 3-pt shooter before his injury. This dude was up there with the best scorers in the game, with a shooting efficiency that wasn't too far away from Steph Curry's historic season.

Yes Kidd did play with an injuried knee during the '04 playoffs, but why does he get a pass for averaging 10 ppg on 28% shooting in a series (going scoreless and 0-8 in a Game 7), and yet Lowry gets criticized for his 'poor' performances in the postseason when he's dealing with his injuries? All the while being more productive and more of a threat than Kidd was in the postseason - Lowry averages more points on better efficiency in the postseason.

Why is there one rule for one player, and another for the other? Could it be perhaps because y'all NEVER actually watched Kidd during his prime? Stop looking out through those rose-colored glasses and start dealing with reality.

The fact you either 1.) don't want to acknowledge there's instances where Lowry has played with injuries through multiple postseasons or 2.) you're not aware of those instances where he was dealing with injuries, let's me know you shouldn't be discussing this shyt.

@DonKnock @Illeye buckmatic @BlackAchilles @smitty22 @Rigby. @hayesc0 @Tunez y'all can get educated on this too.

Gotdamn. That grade A deflection. He should pay you for this shyt

Daps
Gotdamn. That grade A deflection. He should pay you for this shyt
How is it a deflection when somebody brings up that Kidd played through injuries in the postseason, and I provide proof that Lowry played through signifcant injuries during multiple postseasons too? :usure:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
How is it a deflection when somebody brings up that Kidd played through injuries in the postseason, and I provide proof that Lowry played through signifcant injuries during multiple postseasons too? :usure:
Lowery is ass, injuries or not

And Tanya Harding is more gully than derozan. I thought that man was connected

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Is there ever any point to you quoting me?
I'm just dumbfounded at the lengths you go to prop up Lowry as if he is some all time great player.

You really think that if Lowry was healthy (which he never will be) would have given the raptors even a 1% chance in this series? His participation in this series would have still resulted in 4 straight blowout wins by the cavs. He doesn't shift the balance at all :manny:

Outside of analytics which I'm sure you have saved in a document. I just don't see that impact by Lowry on the court when it really matters in the playoffs. I see a consistently inconsistent player who actually shoots the ball WORSE than the terrible offensive player Jason Kidd in the playoffs.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
finally drake can stop acting like he cares about the raptors and go back to being a stan of the team he really wants to dikk ride..... the warriors.

Daps
I'm just dumbfounded at the lengths you go to prop up Lowry as if he is some all time great player..
I wouldn't say he's an all-time great player at all. He doesn't have the resume to be an all-time great player. He is/did however play at a level over the last two seasons greater than Kidd ever did.
You really think that if Lowry was healthy (which he never will be) would have given the raptors even a 1% chance in this series? His participation in this series would have still resulted in 4 straight blowout wins by the cavs. He doesn't shift the balance at all :manny:.
That's funny because I remember the Raptors winning two games against the Cavs in the playoffs last season where he was arguably their best player. :ohhh:

Tha'ts funny because I remember breaking down how they could've won Game 3 if Lowry did play due to the missed opportunities of scoring runs in the first three quarters :ohhh:

That's funny because Game 4 was decided by only a few possesions, with the contest being neck-and-neck for a good portion of the 4th quarter - yet you seem to think it was a blowout win :ohhh:

That's funny how the Raptors were missing their best player for two games, and you think it wouldn't have made a difference to their chances if he did play :ohhh:

I guess every team that's missing their best player wouldn't make a difference during a series either :ohhh:
Outside of analytics which I'm sure you have saved in a document. I just don't see that impact by Lowry on the court when it really matters in the playoffs. I see a consistently inconsistent player who actually shoots the ball WORSE than the terrible offensive player Jason Kidd in the playoffs.
Except he shoots the ball better than Kidd does in the playoffs. He averages more points on better efficiency than Kidd did in the playoffs. Why spew a blatant lie? What makes you think Kidd wasn't an inconsistent player in the playoffs? You do realize prime Kidd had series' where he averaged:

10 ppg on 28% shooting - including Game 7 where he went scoreless and was 0-8 from the field (vs Pistons '04)
14 ppg on 31% shooting (vs Kings in '01)
10 ppg on 36% shooting (vs Lakers in '00)
8 ppg on 29% shooting (vs Pacers in '06)

Do you even realize just how poor of an offensive player Kidd was? Why condemn Lowry for his inconsistent shooting in the playoffs, when Kidd was even worse?

Mars

Superstar
Daps
How the fukk do you acknowledge that he's protecting his future/money, but then criticize him because Kidd played through injuries, as if that automatically makes him the better player (Kidd would have done the exact same thing under the same circumstances)? Futhermore, I don't wanna hear this nonsense about Kidd playing through injuries, as if Lowry hasn't played through injuries for the last 3-4 postseasons:

2015 postseason - Windhorst: Injuries taking toll on Lowry, Kyle Lowry’s health questioned amid Raptors’ playoff struggles - he injuried his back and missed nine games near the end of the regular season, he also was dealing with a shin contusion, infected hand and hamstring issues:

2016 postseason -

He fukked up his elbow near the end of the regular season, and was dealing with pain all throughout the postseason (plus had to have his elbow drained multiple times), while trying to work around it to change his shooting form. Prior to his elbow injury he averaged 22 ppg on 45% FG/60 TS% over nearly 70 games. Kidd never at any point of his career displayed that type of offensive production - he never even came remotely close. When Lowry returned - he ended up shooting 32% and averaging 16 ppg, just because of how much he struggled with that elbow injury. He still persevered throughout the entire postseason, and was the main reason the Raptors went all the way to the ECF and took the Cavs to six games. Not to mention he had multiple 30+ point games in the playoffs:

And this is all with him adjusting his form and dealing with the pain of that injury.

2017 postseason - Kyle Lowry to have wrist surgery, likely gone until playoffs - he broke his wrist (the same one he did 10 years earlier) and didn't return until the end of the season. The funny thing is, he had had been playing with it injured for most of the season until he injured it to the point where he couldn't even move his wrist when he woke up the next morning.

Once again, he displayed an offensive skillset and produced at a higher level than Kidd ever showed at any point of his career prior to that injury - 23 ppg on 46% FG/62% TS, while taking EIGHT 3-pointers a game and hitting them at 42% - he was a top-3 3-pt shooter before his injury. This dude was up there with the best scorers in the game, with a shooting efficiency that wasn't too far away from Steph Curry's historic season.

Yes Kidd did play with an injuried knee during the '04 playoffs, but why does he get a pass for averaging 10 ppg on 28% shooting in a series (going scoreless and 0-8 in a Game 7), and yet Lowry gets criticized for his 'poor' performances in the postseason when he's dealing with his injuries? All the while being more productive and more of a threat than Kidd was in the postseason - Lowry averages more points on better efficiency in the postseason.

Why is there one rule for one player, and another for the other? Could it be perhaps because y'all NEVER actually watched Kidd during his prime? Stop looking out through those rose-colored glasses and start dealing with reality.

The fact you either 1.) don't want to acknowledge there's instances where Lowry has played with injuries through multiple postseasons or 2.) you're not aware of those instances where he was dealing with injuries, let's me know you shouldn't be discussing this shyt.

@DonKnock @Illeye buckmatic @BlackAchilles @smitty22 @Rigby. @hayesc0 @Tunez y'all can get educated on this too.

Even with your facts,Lowry's not on J.Kidd's level....An injured J.Kidd took the eventual champion Pistons to game 7.Toronto on the other hand is getting blown out.Lowry has been a non factor in multiple games this post season.

Daps
Even with your facts,Lowry's not on J.Kidd's level....An injured J.Kidd took the eventual champion Pistons to game 7.Toronto on the other hand is getting blown out.Lowry has been a non factor in multiple games this post season.
:merchant:

Kidd averaged 10 ppg on 28% shooting in that series. Let me repeat - Kidd averaged 10 ppg on 28% shooting in that series. The fact that he was absolutely a non-factor and a detriment offensively to his team, and yet the Nets (as a team) still managed to take the NBA champs to seven games, should tell you all you need to know about how the Nets won games during the early-to-mid '00s (hint: it was because of their defense). Lowry on the other hand had multiple 30+ point games against the NBA champs last season.

Go figure.

Last edited: