Albums Rapsody's - Please Don't Cry (Discussion Thread)

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
6 pages :picard:

its like how rappers claim they support Rapsody but dont even really fukk with her music like that :laff:

She fills the space of what people expect from music but it falls short so they embrace it for what it’s supposed to represent. :francis:
Her name comes up when rappers like Cardi B want to clap back at people who say there’s no good female rap now.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
its not bad but do I want to hear this again and again?

these art project albums aren’t MUSIC. This is another grammy bait piece for people talking about “substance” but…music, this doesn’t make. VIBES, maybe.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:deadrose: Coffee shop hip hop. I pray on every single soul and on my mother's ashes that this shyt doesn't become a genre....PLEASE :damn:
This shyt is gonna probably win a surprise grammy like Killer Mike. It’s got that sheen of enough to appeal to people who want “real rap” or something.

It’s a lot of rapping…not a lot of SONG making.

It’s pretty easy to game these award shows. You just gotta bar shyt out on soul samples and make a few social strife/conscious/etc hat-nods and people will throw nods at you.

This is what the “academy” likes.

She can rap. No one isn’t saying this. …but…so what? It’s like you can FEEL the effort, but sometimes its not a good thing.

… plus its got that self imposed “struggle” where she’s fighting against some ambiguous external other she’s not identifying. Like, why are you so depressed? Whats bothering you? She doesn’t say. It’s just “some other hater” or something keeping her down.