Rappin 4 Tay Reminding People of how Drake stole from him.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
And I was pretty sure he even paid bro like a quarter mil but who knows

Drake paid him 100k AFTER he got busted for stealing it. How's it a homage if it was already a somewhat obscure track and he gave absolutely no acknowledgement of who or what he was supposedly paying homage to? The lengths y'all go through to defend this fraud is asinine.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Never understood the anger behind this.
I always loved when rappers flipped other rappers verses.
Even when people tried to make a big deal out of Jay-z flipping Biggie lines, I thought it was dumb.
And it happens all the time, Ghostface just flipped the 1st verse from Biggie on Warning on his new album.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Drake paid him 100k AFTER he got busted for stealing it. How's it a homage if it was already a somewhat obscure track and he gave absolutely no acknowledgement of who or what he was supposedly paying homage to? The lengths y'all go through to defend this fraud is asinine.
That is a classic Bay Area verse from a classic Bay Area song.
The biggest rapper in the game doing a dope flip on that verse shouldn't have been a negative thing.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men

He paid him because you Drake haters were crying real tears talking about theft. It's a homage because it's him featured on a Cali artist YG record, using another Cali artist's Rappin-4-Tay line, which the target audience Cali would know

The lengths you dudes will go to hate on the Boy is :scust:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
That is a classic Bay Area verse from a classic Bay Area song.
The biggest rapper in the game doing a dope flip on that verse shouldn't have been a negative thing.

He paid him because you Drake haters were crying real tears talking about theft. It's a homage because it's him featured on a Cali artist YG record, using another Cali artist's Rappin-4-Tay line, which the target audience Cali would know

The lengths you dudes will go to hate on the Boy is :scust:

4Tay obviously still feels some sort of way about it as well as a gang of other people that feel some sort of way about him taking liberties with their intellectual properties you fukking dikk slurpers.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
4Tay obviously still feels some sort of way about it as well as a gang of other people that feel some sort of way about him taking liberties with their intellectual properties you fukking dikk slurpers.

4Tay was probably cool with it until you Drake haters put the battery in his back crying about stealing.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Rappers have done this for such a long time and still do it.
As a person who enjoys hip hop, I thought it was dope and it's not one of those things you ask permission for.

Quick Example:

Ice Cube said:

Once upon a time in the projects, yo
I damn near had to wreck a ho
I knocked on the door (who is it?)
It's Ice Cube, come to pay a little visit to ya'

Redman Said:

Once upon a time up in Jersey, Yo! Ha ha,
I damn near had to wreck a ho Yo,
I knocked on her door, "Who is it?"
Ha ha, it's Funk Doc here to pay a little visit to ya

Atmosphere Said:

Once upon a time in Minneapolis, yo
I damn near had to steal the show
I stepped on the stage - "Who is it?"
My name's Slug, I've come to kill a couple minutes

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

All I said was that he paid him.

and wasn't that just because he sued him over this bullshyt? am I living in a twilight zone where every rapper reciting phrases or bars are speaking out about who they got the lines from?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Biting always has and will always be a cardinal sin in real hip-hop, and they had the nerve to plaster this fakkit’s face on a billboard next to rhakim, biggie, and nas :pacspit:

This dude deserves anything and everything bad coming to him :manny:
:gucci:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Rappers have done this for such a long time and still do it.
As a person who enjoys hip hop, I thought it was dope and it's not one of those things you ask permission for.

Quick Example:

Ice Cube said:

Once upon a time in the projects, yo
I damn near had to wreck a ho
I knocked on the door (who is it?)
It's Ice Cube, come to pay a little visit to ya'

Redman Said:

Once upon a time up in Jersey, Yo! Ha ha,
I damn near had to wreck a ho Yo,
I knocked on her door, "Who is it?"
Ha ha, it's Funk Doc here to pay a little visit to ya

Atmosphere Said:

Once upon a time in Minneapolis, yo
I damn near had to steal the show
I stepped on the stage - "Who is it?"
My name's Slug, I've come to kill a couple minutes
Ho ass nikka Drake took it further
It wasn't no 4 lines
Get real with yourself

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
A flip?
fukk outta here
Whatever you want to call it!!
I always thought it was dope when rappers did this and I recognized the origin. One of those great things that are unique to Hip Hop.
Again, I'm still surprised by the backlash for this because I could literally spam this thread with hundreds of examples of other MCs doing this.