Rappers losing their voice unappreciation...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
popularity has nothing to do with it, he was on a major for a while which is a whole other subject, but voice was, he has more command now.

even before he got pushed by a major breh.

his voice was epic on some eventful chit.

sledt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe Budden is a clear example of this. To much smoking. He used to have way more power and depth in his voice.

Compare this:

to this:

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
The gawd yung yogurt got banned? What happened?
jwv87ontdm1h1-png.2786

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Eminem
Kurupt
Beanie Sigel
Styles P
Inspectah Deck
Talib Kweli
Kendrick Lamar(compared to his pre Aftermath stuff)

the issue with most of them is either they dont rap as hype as they used to..or they rap more hype than they used to... like Eminem..his voice isnt necessarily different, he's just yelling all the time..where on Slim Shady he rapped in a low nasal tone then by Eminem show he was yelling...now its full on screams.

Styles P sounds like either he had some sort of throat issue or just got more comfortable yelling his shyt. he used to rap in almost a talking tone back on Ganster & A Gentleman and before that..but listen to him now and he yells all his shyt and doesnt sound like he used to at all

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
honestly i'm not seein the big difference in lloyd banks. i think it depends on how well mastered the tracks are. nikka is puttin more breath into his voice nowadays thats all.
:what::comeon::stopitslime::why: I just got done saying in another thread how I much prefer his old style and voice, he even admits in a interview why he changed it.. How can you not hear the clear distinction in his voice from the old g-unit radio days?:why: He is voice is literally one pitch higher and he raps faster now shyt im sure this thread was upped after listening to his new tape.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Kanye West used to add a little bass to his voice. And whoever helped him write understood it better.

Post Yeezus his voice has been awful.