Rappers losing their voice unappreciation...

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
my nikka cam got like 5 different eras of flows/voices

the lisp era

hype ass cof/sde era

rocafella/purple haze/killa season era

pe#1/crime pays era

u.n./current era

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I was the only one that noticed about Styles P. His rap voice used to be dope it's really annoying now. He still says a lot of dope shyt but he sounds weird
one of the worst fall offs ever

to this :why:

poster boy for this thread is banks tho. dude sounds like he got kicked in the throat now :heh:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly i'm not seein the big difference in lloyd banks. i think it depends on how well mastered the tracks are. nikka is puttin more breath into his voice nowadays thats all.
:what: check ya ears. Banks voice was deep and clear now its more grity and less clear.

He better lyrically tho.
@Tunez

Shyne should be the main answer. As he lost his doing what the OP is notorious for:mjpls:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
one of the worst fall offs ever

to this :why:

poster boy for this thread is banks tho. dude sounds like he got kicked in the throat now :heh:

Even on the Keys I felt his voice had fallen off by then. His Bad Boy and early Ruff ryder days to me was when his voice was dope

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Fabolous' voice got a a lot better from when he first dropped.......His voice got deeper after his first album.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Trae's voice has always been :trash:tho.

I think his voice hit its nadir on Street King - still a good album, but he sounded like he needed some Sucrets on every song.

Compare this:

To when he was first coming up with Guerilla Maab:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the 1st 3 that come to mind are:

raekwon
noreaga
dark-skinned bul from smiff-n-wessun(i want to say steele, but he might be tek).

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
:what: check ya ears. Banks voice was deep and clear now its more grity and less clear.

He better lyrically tho.
@Tunez

Shyne should be the main answer. As he lost his doing what the OP is notorious for:mjpls:

nah man ya'll trippin his voice always been like that. like i said before it all depends on how much energy he decides to put into his vocals. thats what ya'll mistaken that less clear shyt from. the mastering on his tapes isn't consistent either.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
the 1st 3 that come to mind are:

raekwon
noreaga
dark-skinned bul from smiff-n-wessun(i want to say steele, but he might be tek).

FOH with NORE, i think his voice got BETTER than before, he sounds like he has MIC CONTROL AND PRESCENSE as to what he did before, his voice is smooth and has a better tone than what he did in his early days.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
FOH with NORE, i think his voice got BETTER than before, he sounds like he has MIC CONTROL AND PRESCENSE as to what he did before, his voice is smooth and has a better tone than what he did in his early days.

not even close.

his popularity from then compared to now says it all.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
honestly i'm not seein the big difference in lloyd banks. i think it depends on how well mastered the tracks are. nikka is puttin more breath into his voice nowadays thats all.

He better lyrically tho.
@Tunez

Banks voice did change listen to his live freestyles

Young Banks voice was deeper

Old Banks voice sometimes sounds scratchy

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Ghostface and Shyne hurt the most..:to:

Po could regain it if he got his head right.