Rappers & Athletes Are the Main Representors Of ALL Black People Globally

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Op take Globally out the title, this might just be an American problem :patrice:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

Here's a link mentioning the demographics. I misplaced the link where they showed the demographics of TV and social media since MySpace days. The graph showed we dominated despite only being 13% of the population.

I find that stat to be completely full of shyt breh. How the hell can they calculate viewership by race breh? Seriously think about this. By Twitter likes and mentions? . Not a knock on you. Just saying I don't believe it. 30 million of us and 120+ white Americans and we watch more tv.........that shyt makes absolutely no sense. Sorry.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I wanted to make this thread a while ago. Rappers, Athletes, and entertainers getting those looks tells you two things.

1. White people purposely try to go around any black people with real organizational and leadership skills because that keeps anything from being accomplished but looks like an effort was made.

2. Whether you like it or not rappers, Athletes, and entertainers are going to be considered as the spokespeople for all things black so we should hold them to some kind of standard. Not everyone needs to be Chuck D but if you going to take opportunities to improve the quality of black life then you should very close to him character wise

Micron

Pro
Daps
When I think of the most recognizable Black people globally...I think

Living

Barack Obama & Michelle Obama
Oprah Winfrey
Denzel Washington
Will Smith
Mariah Carey
Samuel Jackson
Michael Jordan
Stevie Wonder
Janet Jackson
Rihanna
Beyonce
Chris Tucker
Jessie Jackson
Bill Cosby
LL Cool Jay
Morgan Freeman
Magic Johnson
Ice Cube
Jay-Z
Tiger Woods
...Puff Daddy?

Deceased

Muhammad Ali
Michael Jackson
Bob Marley
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Prince
Tupac
Whitney Houston
Jimi Hendrix
Biggie

Out of this list 15/32 are musicians. 13/32 are actors. 7/32 are rappers. 5/32 are political figures. 4/32 are athletes. There is crossover.

While this list is by no means the most accurate or complete, all the people mentioned have a degree of global notoriety. By and far most of them are entertainers, but not necessarily rappers or athletes. Should Jesse Jackson be swapped out for Kanye West? Should Sean Combs be swapped for Serena Williams? It doesn't matter. Any comprehensive list would still be dominated by entertainers.

For the record this should hold true for Asians and Latinos as well. For example most famous living Asians?

Jackie Chan
Jet Li
PSY
Yao Ming
Kim Jong-Un
Michelle Yeoh
Chow Yun Fat
Zhang Ziyi
John Cho
Donnie Yen
Tony Jaa
...Yoko Ono?

One politician, one athlete, two musicians, and the rest actors. All but one are in entertainment. So perhaps it is not a crisis that the most well known Black people are entertainers. If one were to specifically make a list of the most famous living White Europeans, most of them would likely be entertainers.

People should not confuse celebrities for leaders, despite the fact that many people project a false mantle of leadership on entertainers who are anything but leaders, and have no accountability.

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
We can blame the jews for this who control the media and sign rappers who promote filth, crime and genocide but shun a rapper who wants to talk about positivity. A jew rat will never let a jewish rapper rap about killing other jews or callinh them kikes. Scum of the earth they are.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I wanted to make this thread a while ago. Rappers, Athletes, and entertainers getting those looks tells you two things.

1. White people purposely try to go around any black people with real organizational and leadership skills because that keeps anything from being accomplished but looks like an effort was made.

2. Whether you like it or not rappers, Athletes, and entertainers are going to be considered as the spokespeople for all things black so we should hold them to some kind of standard. Not everyone needs to be Chuck D but if you going to take opportunities to improve the quality of black life then you should very close to him character wise

To white people.......and honestly at this point who gives 2 shyts what white people think. Lil Yatchy is an embarrassment to himself. That retarded nikka does not represent me breh.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Are those Asians on TV talking about china us relations like theur diplomats?

When I think of the most recognizable Black people globally...I think

Living

Barack Obama & Michelle Obama
Oprah Winfrey
Denzel Washington
Will Smith
Mariah Carey
Samuel Jackson
Michael Jordan
Stevie Wonder
Janet Jackson
Rihanna
Beyonce
Chris Tucker
Jessie Jackson
Bill Cosby
LL Cool Jay
Morgan Freeman
Magic Johnson
Ice Cube
Jay-Z
Tiger Woods
...Puff Daddy?

Deceased

Muhammad Ali
Michael Jackson
Bob Marley
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Prince
Tupac
Whitney Houston
Jimi Hendrix
Biggie

Out of this list 15/32 are musicians. 13/32 are actors. 7/32 are rappers. 5/32 are political figures. 4/32 are athletes. There is crossover.

While this list is by no means the most accurate or complete, all the people mentioned have a degree of global notoriety. By and far most of them are entertainers, but not necessarily rappers or athletes. Should Jesse Jackson be swapped out for Kanye West? Should Sean Combs be swapped for Serena Williams? It doesn't matter. Any comprehensive list would still be dominated by entertainers.

For the record this should hold true for Asians and Latinos as well. For example most famous living Asians?

Jackie Chan
Jet Li
PSY
Yao Ming
Kim Jong-Un
Michelle Yeoh
Chow Yun Fat
Zhang Ziyi
John Cho
Donnie Yen
Tony Jaa
...Yoko Ono?

One politician, one athlete, two musicians, and the rest actors. All but one are in entertainment. So perhaps it is not a crisis that the most well known Black people are entertainers. If one were to specifically make a list of the most famous living White Europeans, most of them would likely be entertainers.

People should not confuse celebrities for leaders, despite the fact that many people project a false mantle of leadership on entertainers who are anything but leaders, and have no accountability.