Rapper T.I. Says Atlantic Records Hates His New Positive Image

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Lil' Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj will make similar complaints 5 years from now when their music has lost all appeal.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
T.I killed that track on Big Boi album "In The A". He just needs some hard beats like that. Notice whenever he jumps on a trap beat he rips it. It's those wack ass love and I've changed tracks that people don't like.

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
I feel him....But its like that for all the older trap guys like T.I., Gucci, Jeezy...

The thing is T.I. still be spitting though, I done heard about 3 features this year when he done went in...

But when you aren't "hot" nobody seems to care....

But I respect what he doing, he getting that VH-1 money and prepping his sons to be able to make money in the entertanment business...

As much as I would want the "Old T.I." back, If I heard him rapping about being in the trap or goiing sack for sack I would be like :stopitslime:

I'm still waiting for these rich black rappers/R&B singers to come together to form their own label and/or distrubution company and stop letting these wack suits dictate how their music sounds and when it comes out...

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rapper T.I. Says Atlantic Records Hates His New Positive Image

Added by brittl on August 4, 2013.
Saved under Black Celebrities, Black Men, Entertainment
Tags: african american, arrested, Atlantic Records, Born Clifford Harris, interview, positive, prison, rappers, sales, Teflon Don

Reported By: Britt L

The Atlanta based rapper who built his career as a hard core, drug pushing southern king has now adopted a family-friendly image that hasn’t scored him too much attention or money in recent years. T.I., Born Clifford Harris, went from writing rhymes about his endeavors in crime to releasing albums with a more nostalgic and introspective theme about his past life. T.I. explains that his longtime label, Atlantic Records, wasn’t too thrilled about the rappers drastic turnaround.

T.I. explained in an interview with XXL that his sales have dropped compared to his successful sales in the mid-2000′s and has become less popular among young kids. Many artists have seen a similar fall because of illegal downloading, but Atlantic felt T.I.’s mature and fatherly like character was hurting the well respected “thug” image he’s gained over the years.

“Nah, [Atlantic Records] hated it,” T.I. said. “Labels love hardcore T.I. That keeps the cash register ringing. They don’t want me to go to prison and caught, though. They want me to be the ‘Teflon Don,’ and I can’t blame them.”

That s–t’s sexy. But I’m older, man. I’m wiser, I’m calmer,” he further explains. “I’m better, stronger. I’m ready for whatever tomorrow got coming.”

T.I. announced before that he was walking away from music, solely because of the poor record sales acquired by his first studio album, I’m Serious.

“I thought I’d be in prison or dead or back selling crack,” said T.I. “I came so close to getting back in the game after my first album didn’t do what it was supposed to do. I still had people to feed. I wasn’t front lines like I was at one time, but I definitely … [pauses] I’m not going to talk anymore about that.”

T.I had been into running forces with the law on plenty occasions. In 2007, Harris was arrested and charged with possession of three machine guns and possession of firearms by a convicted felon. He was sentenced to serve a year in prison.

Soon after his release, T.I. was arrested yet again on drug charges. Harris’ legal troubles made for great headlines and great stories for the album he released after his arrests, titled Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head.

T.I.’s family oriented TV show, T.I & Tiny: The Family Hustle, which airs on VH1 is another reason for T.I’s image becoming what it is today. The show features T.I. giving advice to his children about teenage situations, and shows him really involved in his wife Tiny their kids’ lives.

Why does the media never respect when an African American man has a positive image?

the average life span of a rappers career is three years. t.i. is past that and wasted some of the best years of his career going in and out of jail. i doubt that his sales dropping has anything to do with his positive image. he is old news and fell off that's all.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I hate it too. Maybe white America hold out hope for his redemption, buy I wanna see the run ins wit the cops, his innocent kids catching graze wounds from bullets, etc.

Don't wanna see T.I. Huxtable havin Major sneakin Ruth's Chris down to the basement, tryna hide it from Tiny's greedy ass