Rap Sh!t Starring KaMillion, Aida Osman, Jonica Booth (Created by Issa Rae) ((Show Has Been Cancelled Brehs)) || [Discussion Thread]

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Issa is really good at making unlikeable black women. Just like Insecure the main characters are "messy". All these broads come off as extras from Claws.

I can't tell if she is doing this on purpose, because it sells. Or are her middle class sensibilities gonna pop in, and all these late 20's/early 30"s gonna level up/mature.
STFU

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this show is the longest half hour…first 2 eps have been a chore to get thru…I like the characters but overall the story seems directionless…anyway it’s still very early in the season…I’ll give it a couple more eps

*edit*

oh damn she showing ass?? :gladbron:

hmm what was I complaining about again? :patrice:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How this show looking? What's the premise behind it?

2 aspiring female rappers…one who wants to remain conscious about her lyrics and the other who represents the current crop of thot rappers…one is a hotel concierge, the other is a dominatrix at night (forgot what her day job is)…it’s somewhat like ‘entourage’ meets ‘insecure’ lol…the characters are cool so far and the story is just getting set up but it’s been ok

Daps
2 aspiring female rappers…one who wants to remain conscious about her lyrics and the other who represents the current crop of thot rappers…one is a hotel concierge, the other is a dominatrix at night (forgot what her day job is)…it’s somewhat like ‘entourage’ meets ‘insecure’ lol…the characters are cool so far and the story is just getting set up but it’s been ok

Sounds interesting.... especially due to the prevalence of Thot rap, we forget that not all women are like that. Sounds like Issa is trying to capture that dynamic. Might he o watch it just to see the real life thot rappers have melt downs on twitter

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I'll wait about 5 eps before I jump in. It doesnt have that same feel that insecure does, just judging from the trailer though.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Eye candy is enough to keep me interested until they get too annoying

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
this show is the longest half hour…first 2 eps have been a chore to get thru…I like the characters but overall the story seems directionless…anyway it’s still very early in the season…I’ll give it a couple more eps

*edit*

oh damn she showing ass?? :gladbron:

hmm what was I complaining about again? :patrice:
My dap please, sir?