Randy Orton vs John Cena, breaking point 2009: a GOAT i quit match

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Rumble 2014 is their best match because the crowd is just shytting all over it :dead:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Rumble 2014 is their best match because the crowd is just shytting all over it :dead:

You would think they were in Manhattan, Philly, or Chicago with how they dumped on it. You know the crowd ain’t happy when they start chanting for the announcers and someone who’d been dead for 3 years :mjlol:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You would think they were in Manhattan, Philly, or Chicago with how they dumped on it. You know the crowd ain’t happy when they start chanting for the announcers and someone who’d been dead for 3 years :mjlol:

That crowd was wild in hindsight. All they wanted was to see Daniel Bryan win the Royal Rumble, so much that they booed Rey Mysterio and cheered for Roman Reigns to win over Batista.

I think early 2014 was the height of WWE not giving a fukk about what the fans think. All it took for things to change was Punk leaving because that WrestleMania was guaranteed to be trash. I wasn't even hyped up for it until the week before, honestly.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That crowd was wild in hindsight. All they wanted was to see Daniel Bryan win the Royal Rumble, so much that they booed Rey Mysterio and cheered for Roman Reigns to win over Batista.

I think early 2014 was the height of WWE not giving a fukk about what the fans think. All it took for things to change was Punk leaving because that WrestleMania was guaranteed to be trash. I wasn't even hyped up for it until the week before, honestly.
2015-19 was so much worse. Roman’s forced face push was so over the top it got its own Wikipedia page detailing the way they openly sabotaged every aspect of the show all year to prop him up, most notably with how every year the main event of wrestlemania got booed from start to finish by the fans and twice tens of thousands walked out before and during it. The biggest show of the year was almost always also the worst show of the year because of how badly booked the whole product was.

We had absentee champ Brock, heel authority figure Corbin, Braun getting over only to repeatedly be cooled down by Roman or Brock, Ambrose getting demoted to jerking the curtain or the pre show at wrestlemania, :bryan: being forced into retirement under bogus pretenses over his health, the old day, Bobby Lashley’s sisters, the never ending burials of Rusev and the Wyatt family, Shane McMahon in the ring all the time, Kurt Angle’s retirement match being against baron Corbin, KO dropping the belt to 50 year old Goldberg & his match with Jericho being demoted to 2nd or 3rd on the WM33 card, multiple shield reunions solely to try protecting Roman from being booed, false advertising of Brock showing up to try getting sympathy for Roman, the bait and switch of Braun cashing in money in the bank at summerslam 2018 so fans wouldn’t walk out during the main event, never pulling the trigger on Nakamura, never letting AJ styles main event a pay per view, jinder mahal winning the title, big cass vs :bryan: on smackdown while raw ran Corbin vs Rey with both rivalries being “big guy is a jerk to little guy just because he’s big”, angles being kept on ice for 3-4 months in the fall because they only wanted big angles for wrestlemania and openly didn’t care about the rest of the year, and the Seth Rollins vs the fiend hell in a cell match.

That shyt was worse than the late 2008 through 2011 period that made me stop watching :hhh:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2015-19 was so much worse. Roman’s forced face push was so over the top it got its own Wikipedia page detailing the way they openly sabotaged every aspect of the show all year to prop him up, most notably with how every year the main event of wrestlemania got booed from start to finish by the fans and twice tens of thousands walked out before and during it. The biggest show of the year was almost always also the worst show of the year because of how badly booked the whole product was.

We had absentee champ Brock, heel authority figure Corbin, Braun getting over only to repeatedly be cooled down by Roman or Brock, Ambrose getting demoted to jerking the curtain or the pre show at wrestlemania, :bryan: being forced into retirement under bogus pretenses over his health, the old day, Bobby Lashley’s sisters, the never ending burials of Rusev and the Wyatt family, Shane McMahon in the ring all the time, Kurt Angle’s retirement match being against baron Corbin, KO dropping the belt to 50 year old Goldberg & his match with Jericho being demoted to 2nd or 3rd on the WM33 card, multiple shield reunions solely to try protecting Roman from being booed, false advertising of Brock showing up to try getting sympathy for Roman, the bait and switch of Braun cashing in money in the bank at summerslam 2018 so fans wouldn’t walk out during the main event, never pulling the trigger on Nakamura, never letting AJ styles main event a pay per view, jinder mahal winning the title, big cass vs :bryan: on smackdown while raw ran Corbin vs Rey with both rivalries being “big guy is a jerk to little guy just because he’s big”, angles being kept on ice for 3-4 months in the fall because they only wanted big angles for wrestlemania and openly didn’t care about the rest of the year, and the Seth Rollins vs the fiend hell in a cell match.

That shyt was worse than the late 2008 through 2011 period that made me stop watching :hhh:

Yeah at least the 90's got saved by nWo and Attitude

2008-2019 was a solid 11 years of 90% unwatchable garbage

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

Damn. Why did you have to remind me of all those horrible things? I guess I tried blocking some of them out. :scust:

Let's not talk about the women's division during that time, though. That's an entire @TheGreatShowtime thread.

I guess early 2014 stands out to me because WWE was fully prepared on going through with their dumbass plans until they were forced to change them. The fans were actively revolting against the product and they weren't being listened to. Why the hell would anyone want to see Orton face Batista in the main event?

2015-19 is a weird era for me because I was obviously more invested back then, but the company made a lot of stupid decisions. WrestleMania 32 is what XXX was going to be if the fans weren't so disgusted. Injuries played a part as well, but bad booking is bad booking no matter what. 2016 was saved singlehandedly by the brand split coming back.

2017-2019 were mixed bags. Some great moments, but again, a lot of bad decisions. It's funny how WWE never had A.J. main event pay-per-views when he was champion for a year, and they had Miz point this out to shyt on him. It was a great segment, but why bring this up if they weren't planning to do anything about it? I don't think the WWE Championship match went on last until 2020, maybe? So, you're talking about three years of the Universal Championship main eventing each and every PPV.

Punk coming back has made me curious to check out the product again. Hopefully, they don't waste his time and he can put on entertaining segments and matches.