Random NFL Observations 2023-24 Thread

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so nfl players were polled
Running backs have complained about how the tag unfairly impacts them — only punters and kickers make less on a franchise tag — but the reality is they would need support from their locker room to enact changes. An increase in pay for running backs could reduce salaries at other positions. Though our results show that support exists to some degree, it’s not overwhelming. “What? No. What makes them better than me?” offered one player.
Another, who already sounds like he has an executive future in mind, painted an even bleaker picture. “I know that running backs complain about the market,” he said. “But from an insider’s perspective, if I was ever a GM, I would never pay a running back. There’s a lot of talented backs that come out in the draft every year — at any place in the draft. I would never draft a running back in the first round.” Other players were more understanding of the running backs’ plight. “Yeah. Because they’re definitely underpaid,” one said. “The franchise tag for a lineman is like, what, $15 (million), $16 million? I mean, s—, that’s more than great money. So, yeah, I definitely feel like they should be paid more.” Others supported a change, but not exclusively for running backs: “The whole franchise tag rule has to be changed in general. It’s become too powerful of a tool.”

s0ydRHm.png

dOzcs6C.png

eiDvFY4.png

QrAwYld.png