Random NFL Observations 2023-24 Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good move for Chicago, but I wouldn't have done it unless I was sure he'd agree to an extension first.
I assume worse case they'll slap him with the franchise tag otherwise it would be a waste to give up a pick. But that more than likely means they'll end up overpaying him in the offseason on a long term deal to keep him

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Good move for Chicago, but I wouldn't have done it unless I was sure he'd agree to an extension first.

Trading a high 2nd round pick while you rebuild makes no sense to me. I assume they have an agreement in place where he's gonna sign an extension, so that's not the worry to me. This is gonna be a VERY deep draft and a lot of QBs are gonna end up going early. Which means the early 2nd round is going to include multiple 1st round tier guys.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

NFL trades that should happen. 1) Brian Burns to Detroit for Jameson Williams and draft picks. -Lions get a bookend pass rusher to pair with Hutchinson. Panthers reunite Bryce Young and Jameson. Williams adds an vertical element and can be developed as the team’s #1 2) Jaylon Johnson to Buffalo for Kaiir Elam and a 2nd. -Johnson slots into Tre White’s vacant role in the D. Bears rehab Elam and get draft compensation. 3) Justin Fields to Atlanta for Desmond Ridder and a day 2 pick. -Bears have moved on from Fields like a failed relationship that is a sham through Christmas to avoid awkward family questions. Falcons are unlikely to get a player of his caliber in the draft. Pull the bandaid.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Trading a high 2nd round pick while you rebuild makes no sense to me. I assume they have an agreement in place where he's gonna sign an extension, so that's not the worry to me. This is gonna be a VERY deep draft and a lot of QBs are gonna end up going early. Which means the early 2nd round is going to include multiple 1st round tier guys.

Well, they've got a pair of first rounders, and with Carolina being what it is this year, they could easily package that pick -- or its own -- for a multitude of picks in the draft. There are multiple routes this can go.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Too bad 49ers can't seem to get it right at the one position they truly need. Maybe with the added pass rush they can rack up more fumbles and scores, because that seems to be the only way to put points on the board now