Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That’s the plan…..
To develop young players but not win games…

That’s why the word is ayton and grant are still on board.
I don't know who's touching those contracts, especially Grant. Who the fukk were they bidding against for him? That deal made no sense, especially when they knew they were trading Dame. :francis:

How come Ayton isn't shooting threes? He has a nice jumper. If he was hitting some threes, his value would go way up. Not like he wants to bang down low anyway.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I don't know who's touching those contracts, especially Grant. Who the fukk were they bidding against for him? That deal made no sense, especially when they knew they were trading Dame. :francis:
Grant has been balling look at his numbers this season. He’s literally putting the team on his back in a lot of situations.

And like you noticed, a lot of the losses aren’t blow outs but rather close games, that come down to a possession or two in the final minutes.

Also Grant is a team player. He’s not ego driven, so he’d be cool in any setting.

Grant getting paid was a sign of good faith. They kept him because trading him in the offseason would have been a desperate move and would have left the blazers with an absolute dog shyt return

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Thrillard is starting to find his rhythm. He's been such a big upgrade over Jrue (not surprising) but so many people in the media were riding Jrue like they were damn near even players that none of them are talking about it.

With all the early season struggles with Dame and the team collectively… they’re now only 1 loss behind Boston for the #1 seed… 2 losses behind MIN for the best record in the league.

And still got 50+ games to play to get it all sorted out. If there are no major injury setbacks they should be a well oiled machine by early March.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

Lots of former NBA players on that list...instead of chasing a minimum and living in cities like Oklahoma City some guys can be living it up in Europe for the same money :ehh:

I watched the G-league documentary on Amazon and I think a lot of guys are playing themselves not going overseas to get a bag.

I know most people don't want to leave their home country and the allure of chasing the Assocation but you have a limited amount of time to make real money playing pro ball. If I couldn't make it in the A, I would love to spend my 20s and 30s getting a bag over in Europe, France, Turkey getting a bag and traveling the world and seeing things most people never see as opposed to struggling in America. Americans have convinced themselves that this is the best country in the world and the moment you travel, you realize, that you could have a decent life elsewhere.

I went to Sweden this summer and while it was different, I had the time of my life.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Shaq is showing crazy love to Steph right now. I'm shocked to hear him talk like this about another player.

Kenny Smith is sounding like a Coli poster trying to downplay Steph. :scust:

Wild to hear Shaq being the one making sense up there.
How is it "downplaying" Curry to say that he doesn't believe he's in the conversation for greatest player of all time? I would guess that the majority of knowledgeable fans don't feel that he is. It doesn't mean they don't think he's a great great player however. Downplaying him would be to say something like "He's great, but I think if you switch him with Lilard, the Warriors have similar success."

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
S
How is it "downplaying" Curry to say that he doesn't believe he's in the conversation for greatest player of all time? I would guess that the majority of knowledgeable fans don't feel that he is. It doesn't mean they don't think he's a great great player however. Downplaying him would be to say something like "He's great, but I think if you switch him with Lilard, the Warriors have similar success."
He’s better than Lebron :yeshrug: changed the way the game is played at every level and influenced players all around the world.

People won’t put him in the GOAT conversation because of his size, but there’s an argument for him being a top 5-10 player of all time

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps

Actually both are true.

Steph is absolutely not in the conversation for best player of all time. That was an absolutely ridiculous take and no reasonable person (except an embellisher like Shaq) would argue that...we don't even need to argue that, his numbers speak for themselves....and they say he ain't that.

And the Warriors would have similar success if you swapped Steph & Dame and that's not even a hot take when you consider how elite Dame is. As long he has the same elite players around him (KD, Klay, Dray, bench depth) why wouldn't they have a similar success?