Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They won't even consider it until they get their own picks back (though if the cost was that crazy, I'd have to do it)
I'm sure OKC would give them a ton of picks for him. Would make sense for both teams because Brooklyn isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IIRC, they still owe Houston 3 swaps, so any Bridges trade or rebuild benefits Houston even with the picks they'd get in return.
They're a 30 win team as presently constructed with no draft capital. They need as many extra picks as possible. Bridges will net them that and OKC could fill their coffers.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They're a 30 win team as presently constructed with no draft capital. They need as many extra picks as possible. Bridges will net them that and OKC could fill their coffers.
They need young talent along with those picks as well or at least that’s what I’d do because I wouldn’t want to end up in a situation where your pick going out is more valuable than what you have going in.

Hopefully none of these trades become as bad as what happened with Brooklyn/Boston.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm sure OKC would give them a ton of picks for him. Would make sense for both teams because Brooklyn isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
That's kinda why they don't wanna trade Bridges. Even if they get someone else's picks, they don't wanna be in a situation where Houston gets a top pick from them (this year, I wouldn't give a fukk, but they're real sensitive to that possibility considering how Tatum and Brown got together in Boston).

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They need young talent along with those picks as well or at least that’s what I’d do because I wouldn’t want to end up in a situation where your pick going out is more valuable than what you have going in.

Hopefully none of these trades become as bad as what happened with Brooklyn/Boston.

Giddey and Cason Wallace are two nice, young players. :yeshrug:

That's kinda why they don't wanna trade Bridges. Even if they get someone else's picks, they don't wanna be in a situation where Houston gets a top pick from them (this year, I wouldn't give a fukk, but they're real sensitive to that possibility considering how Tatum and Brown got together in Boston).

I get that but don't compound mistakes by passing on a draft haul. Giddey, Wallace and a bunch of cracks at the draft is better than where they're headed.

Is next year's draft good? OKC has Miami's lottery protected first, Philly's top six protected first and LAC's first, plus their own. LAC's 2027 first could be juicy.

Brooklyn could load up on futures: Oklahoma City Thunder - Future Draft Picks | Fanspo