Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm late and I can't find the thread but I just seen a Gil's Arena clip of Mccants literally talking out his ass (not that it's a surprised but I legit got the :gucci: look)

Said Dame wasn't doubled in Portland:gucci:

Said it'll be harder for Dame to adjust because he's playing with a superstar:gucci:
He got tired of everyone calling him an idiot the first season, researched what a "troll" was, and now hides behind that for his ridiculous takes :snoop:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm late and I can't find the thread but I just seen a Gil's Arena clip of Mccants literally talking out his ass (not that it's a surprised but I legit got the :gucci: look)

Said it'll be harder for Dame to adjust because he's playing with a superstar:gucci:

I don’t usually agree with McCants but I understood what he was saying. Dame would get doubled early (trapped on the high screen), come off the rock, then reset and expect the ball back bc his usage rate is so high.

He may or may not get it back in Milwaukee depending on how they choose to play.

Nobody really knows how the bucks are going to operate under a rookie head coach. We just know that the dame - Giannis pick and roll should be central focus of the offense.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I don’t usually agree with McCants but I understood what he was saying. Dame would get doubled early (trapped on the high screen), come off the rock, then reset and expect the ball back bc his usage rate is so high.

He may or may not get it back in Milwaukee depending on how they choose to play.

Nobody really knows how the bucks are going to operate under a rookie head coach. We just know that the dame - Giannis pick and roll should be central focus of the offense.
Good points, and yeah that'll be the key. I did agree with Mccants to an extent of Giannis not killing you with picking apart a defense like Joker through his passing, I just thinking the spacing will compensate for it though.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Mccants brings the whole IQ of the show down, and then he just starts yelling and moving the goal post.

Gil and the host are proud Laker fans, Jennings is a proud Bucks fans, but they put in intentional self-deprecation when giving their takes on their teams (or their team’s biggest threats) bc they know what it is. Mccants is a Heat fan but he really be believing the dumb shyt he be saying and going down that rabbit hole.

i.e. Yesterday they were talkin about how Harden would fit in Heat culture; Gil and Kenyon were saying great players who want to win hold themselves accountable but Mccants in his stance to show heat culture would ‘change’ James, was arguing how it was the Warriors (not Steph) and the Bulls (not Jordan) who installed the winning mentality and accountability in them.

Then it turned into him tryna out-yell everyone for the next 10 mins tryna bash Jordan but tiptoe around applying the same logic to Kobe, Butler, etc.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
pelicans need a pg. its not cute anymore

Pieces don’t look like they fit. Point-Zion is cool but where does Ingram fit if Zion prefers PnR with Jonas? Or when it’s McCollum running his own PnR actions to brick his long jumpers?

Is an Ingram/Zion PnR a thing? Or is it gonna be one of those at times disjointed Jayson/Jalen and Kawhi/PG things where they just work in silos

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Pieces don’t look like they fit. Point-Zion is cool but where does Ingram fit if Zion prefers PnR with Jonas? Or when it’s McCollum running his own PnR actions to brick his long jumpers?

Is an Ingram/Zion PnR a thing? Or is it gonna be one of those at times disjointed Jayson/Jalen and Kawhi/PG things where they just work in silos
If that's the case who do you trade for?

Lowry is like the only player that would fit, but I see Miami using him as a filler for another trade.