Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That last tweet is a bit disingenuous because if I remember correctly Melo himself didn't want to wait to be a free agent, which forced the Knicks hand into giving up those assets for him.

Not to mention those assets were a bit overrated anyway. Gassed bc Amare on his last knee cartilage had a commendable/mvp start to the season.

As it was, Carmelo and Billups for... Chandler, Gallinari, Mozgov, and Felton?

2 of them mf'ers stayed injured the rest of their career, the other one actually came back to the Knicks but was known for being fat, having gun charges, and getting exposed on a fabulous mixtape...

Two years later when they lost to Indy in the 2nd round, that was probably their ceiling regardless of if they'd kept those 4 guys or not. Unbeknownst to them (tho i think they knew), Amare was on borrowed time.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't give a damn.

You telling me, either he gets the max or he walks. Then he effing walks, you mugs never made a conference final.

And everybody got fired anyway.
you also fail to realize that he put pressure on the Knicks to trade for him

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I aint gonna jump out the window and claim Chet will be better than Victor...thats a bit much

But Chet Holmgren is going to be a fantastic player. Homie can do everything

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
the salary cap is basically designed where these max guys cant miss getting their 'bags', so I dont know what hes really talking about
It's about short term versus long term thinking. Short term thinking is just worrying about getting the biggest contract possible without regard for winning. Or you can do like Dwade, Lebron and Bosh and take a little less on the contract but know you're making it all back long term by teaming up and winning some titles. When you win you build true fanatics which raises your endorsement value and makes it easier business wise. Plus with the way the cap rises by taking a shorter contract you can make it up on the back end anyway with the new contracts.