Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I love the show in small doses but they just so too much dumb shyt for me to listen to on the regular.
I was the same way but I think they suffer from a perception problem. The dumb shyt that does come out ain’t that worse than the shyt Shaq or Charles would say.

Add that to the fact that’s it’s clear that they actually still watch/care about basketball and got zero filter i fw it .

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If Phoenix didnt make the finals a couple years ago, Devin Booker would be considered pale Carmelo Anthony. A dude who takes a lot of shots & scores a lot but his play doesn’t actually impact winning.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yet people think Mitchell should be the one asking out.
Well, they'd be better served cashing in on Mobley and Garland to build around Mitchell/Allen but that's a tough ask when Mitchell won't extend this summer. That's what makes Cleveland so interesting because Mobley and Garland clearly aren't the guys they hoped.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well, they'd be better served cashing in on Mobley and Garland to build around Mitchell/Allen but that's a tough ask when Mitchell won't extend this summer. That's what makes Cleveland so interesting because Mobley and Garland clearly aren't the guys they hoped.
Blame that on JB for not prioritizing Mobley’s development. Mobley is starting to develop a long range shot, but still insists on giving everyone else more shots instead of the one who will help determine where they go long term.

It’s why I say that he should be the one asking out instead of Mitchell because he’s not going to become what he should be in his current form.

His ceiling is still higher than Allen’s, so he and Mitchell is who they should build around.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I was the same way but I think they suffer from a perception problem. The dumb shyt that does come out ain’t that worse than the shyt Shaq or Charles would say.

Add that to the fact that’s it’s clear that they actually still watch/care about basketball and got zero filter i fw it .

I'd say it's a moderator and counter-balance problem. What good is zero filter if the audience has to shift through piles of BS and have their ears bleed to find the gems?

Ernie doesn't allow a topic to turn into a 20-minute scream-fest. Kenny will counter Shaq or Charles with a more nuanced perspective. The Arena's crew lacks those things, so when it's good it's insightful but when it's bad, it's unwatchable with no means to get it back on track.