Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
At this point if I was an OKC fan I'd be pissed that they haven't tried to cash out on those picks and make someone a Godfather offer for whatever help they need. I think Presti is on that Danny Ainge shyt where he feels he has to win every trade. At times you just got to overpay if it'll put your team over the hump.
Remember the Dave Chappelle show episode when everyone found out he got $50 mil and then the new price for his haircut was $11,000?

On one hand, yes, Presti's in that Ainge mentality where every trade has to be a win, but a lot of it also has to do with the 2nd apron. They should be able to add guys on shorter deals before Chet/Jalen get more money and a Shai supermax arrives, kinda like how NFL teams wanna win a superbowl before they gotta pay the QB. Who these targets are? I've suggested Bridges, some suggested Claxton or Gafford when he was out there. There aren't many guys who make sense to blow away with a big time offer. There's less of those guys than we've seen in a while, let alone guys who fit what OKC is doing.

The plan is kinda just to let it develop and when some guys get paid or it's time to avoid the apron, use the draft picks to replenish that talent. Kind of a sound idea, but nobody has that kind of a success rate. Poku didn't work. Mann didn't last. Micic they mighta underutilized given how he's playing. Dieng is in year 2 and we have learned absolutely nothing about him.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They have multiple first round picks. They can draft em
Not that I'm a huge believer in Sarr, but if OKC wants to make a move, that could be an option. Clingan could be in their range though, maybe even Missi, but if it ain't a ready made center, they don't have the minutes to offer. They'll just play for the Blue.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're projected to have over $90 million in cap space in the off-season. Might as well spend it on a position of need
They have extensions coming up.
Remember the Dave Chappelle show episode when everyone found out he got $50 mil and then the new price for his haircut was $11,000?

On one hand, yes, Presti's in that Ainge mentality where every trade has to be a win, but a lot of it also has to do with the 2nd apron. They should be able to add guys on shorter deals before Chet/Jalen get more money and a Shai supermax arrives, kinda like how NFL teams wanna win a superbowl before they gotta pay the QB. Who these targets are? I've suggested Bridges, some suggested Claxton or Gafford when he was out there. There aren't many guys who make sense to blow away with a big time offer. There's less of those guys than we've seen in a while, let alone guys who fit what OKC is doing.

The plan is kinda just to let it develop and when some guys get paid or it's time to avoid the apron, use the draft picks to replenish that talent. Kind of a sound idea, but nobody has that kind of a success rate. Poku didn't work. Mann didn't last. Micic they mighta underutilized given how he's playing. Dieng is in year 2 and we have learned absolutely nothing about him.
Minny has three bigs they can’t afford to pay goin forward. Surely OKC can pick up the phone and talk.