Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This is why I can’t sell my stock @Piff Tannen @I AM WARHOL
Every time I want out, he does some shyt that makes me be like :ohhh:. I wish he’d pick a lane. Be great or be ass. That’s how he needs to be attacking the rim on fast breaks every night. He doesn’t have to be Steph but the jumper shouldn't oscillate from 0 to 50 every other day. One of the most frustrating players I’ve watched cause when he’s on, the talent is so clearly special. But when he’s off it’s like he forgets how to play entirely

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Every time I want out, he does some shyt that makes me be like :ohhh:. I wish he’d pick a lane. Be great or be ass. That’s how he needs to be attacking the rim on fast breaks every night. He doesn’t have to be Steph but the jumper shouldn't oscillate from 0 to 50 every other day. One of the most frustrating players I’ve watched cause when he’s on, the talent is so clearly special. But when he’s off it’s like he forgets how to play entirely
Idk if he’s a future all star or the next Malik Monk from a game to game basis. That’s what is frustrating like you said

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jalen is just low iq basketball. Hes worth the wait at the moment though because if he puts it all together, hes better than what they could trade him for. When hes on, it’s because hes playing smart basketball and making quick correct decisions. He still hasn’t learn not to drive into the paint with three defenders waiting for him with no counter plan. Should be easy to counter but nope he’ll force in and turnover the ball most times.

It’s like the Jalen doesn’t realize he’s more physically talent than most ppl in the court with him.. His first step is elite. He doesn’t know how to use it most of the year

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Jalen is just low iq basketball. Hes worth the wait at the moment though because if he puts it all together, hes better than what they could trade him for. When hes on, it’s because hes playing smart basketball and making quick correct decisions. He still hasn’t learn not to drive into the paint with three defenders waiting for him with no counter plan. Should be easy to counter but nope he’ll force in and turnover the ball most times.

It’s like the Jalen doesn’t realize he’s more physically talent than most ppl in the court with him.. His first step is elite. He doesn’t know how to use it most of the year
Yeah that's the thing, at least the low IQ basketball can be coached up. You see players like that all the time turn into Championship pieces.

The way dude played last night is basically showing what he can bring, so maybe his trainers have started to work on it more with him:

I don't think he's ever going to be a 1A (that's Sengun) but he can be that guy like a Jamal Murray/Kyrie or a Jason TerryJR Smith off the bench who will take the air out of an opposing arena during a play-off series when they hit difficult shots.

That said maybe the biggest thing holding him back is getting stronger. That dunk last night where he moved Simons out the way in air is exactly the kind of threat he needs to impose in the paint and that'll come when he gets stronger and puts more posters on people.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's the thing, at least the low IQ basketball can be coached up. You see players like that all the time turn into Championship pieces.

The way dude played last night is basically showing what he can bring, so maybe his trainers have started to work on it more with him:

I don't think he's ever going to be a 1A (that's Sengun) but he can be that guy like a Jamal Murray/Kyrie or a Jason TerryJR Smith off the bench who will take the air out of an opposing arena during a play-off series when they hit difficult shots.

That said maybe the biggest thing holding him back is getting stronger. That dunk last night where he moved Simons out the way in air is exactly the kind of threat he needs to impose in the paint and that'll come when he gets stronger and puts more posters on people.

The same can be said for Jabari. He’ll be much better when he grows into his man body. With Jalen it’s jsut all about mentality. Just make the right decisions. He sent majority of the season not doin that. Ime said acknowledge that Jalen had the biggest adjustment to make coming into this season from the previous coaching staff. He wanted him to be more efficient, and cerebral with his scoring. Be opportunistic, which Jalen hasn’t been most of the year. Adding muscle might help him out but adding that dogg in his mentality would be the best thing he can do. He had it last year with Silas but it wasn’t concentrated. He don’t need more muscles to be a plus defender. Hes shown (against Booker, Beal, Bane, that he can be a plus defender, be it on the ball or off the ball, when he puts his mind and effort to to it. All of Jalen’s success comes down to just making the right decision and having the mentality. Its not goin to be a successful fast break every possession but Jalen needs to probe to see what their to be given by the defense every time if he can. Cam and Amen are running whenever the rebound is grabbed. Jalen needs to do that. FVV needs to do that too. Play to your strengths.