Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Gil was on his podcast last week saying he spoke with 2 GMs, one current and one former and both said LAC wasn’t valuing PG as more than a tier 3 star; that they may be cool with letting him go if he don’t sign what they feel his value is. So we’ll see

Probably will come down to his playoff performance if it doesn’t get done before that.
Yeah they got Kawhi locked in and Harden will definitely stay so they're not sweating at all. Also probably wondering what kind of package they can get for PG in a sign & trade scenario with Philly, Indy, OKC, Knicks, etc.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah they got Kawhi locked in and Harden will definitely stay so they're not sweating at all. Also probably wondering what kind of package they can get for PG in a sign & trade scenario with Philly, Indy, OKC, Knicks, etc.
If yall win this year, keep the big 4 even if an overpay. If they falter… gotta package PG + Mann up outta there for a Miles Turner ass nygga. Easier said than done to find many of those, I know

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Gil was on his podcast last week saying he spoke with 2 GMs, one current and one former and both said LAC wasn’t valuing PG as more than a tier 3 star; that they may be cool with letting him go if he don’t sign what they feel his value is. So we’ll see

Probably will come down to his playoff performance if it doesn’t get done before that.
Kawhi has played 210 games as a Clipper, PG13 has played 240. Kawhi missed an entire year in there as well... George has been just as brittle as Kawhi if not moreso. I understand the hesitation to give him a massive deal.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
y'all 2nd apron all day. ain't no sign & trades for y'all

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
20240223-153209.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Kawhi has played 210 games as a Clipper, PG13 has played 240. Kawhi missed an entire year in there as well... George has been just as brittle as Kawhi if not moreso. I understand the hesitation to give him a massive deal.

I think the underlying issue that compounds this is even when he is healthy/available, which he's been this year to his credit, he doesn't play like a top 15 player. Whatever he was in 2019, the reality now is he caps out at Brandon Ingram production, who people are still waiting/hoping takes "the leap".

Whereas glass canons like Kawhi and AD, you give the/near max deals to (and pray) bc you know you're getting KD/Giannis type production when healthy.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

I got a feeling that he's seen Harden swoop in, and take his spot as the #2 guy. And it's making him feel undervalued. To me he's on the down slide of his career and is #3 type of player at best