Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The more I think about it, I don't know how SGA isn't the front runner for MVP. Their top three is awesome and a perfect fit together but OKC has next to no depth after the starters. When you look at their roster, it doesn't make sense for them to be at the top of the conference.
They do have depth imo

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The concerning thing about Dame and the train wreck i see incoming, is that outside of that one series vs Denver 3 years ago, Dame isn't this powerhouse playoff performer that people pretend he is. He has those two memorable game winners 5 years apart from each other but, collectively, "playoff Dame" shoots 40% from the field with a 2:1 assist:TO ratio.

Now there was the logic that he shot so bad back then because he was the sole focus of the defense, hence settling for logo 3s, etc. But that he joined the Bucks yet so far scoring hasn't become easier for him? It's not guaranteed that'll magically change for him in the playoffs.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The concerning thing about Dame and the train wreck i see incoming, is that outside of that one series vs Denver 3 years ago, Dame isn't this powerhouse playoff performer that people pretend he is. He has those two memorable game winners 5 years apart from each other but, collectively, "playoff Dame" shoots 40% from the field with a 2:1 assist:TO ratio.

Now there was the logic that he shot so bad back then because he was the sole focus of the defense, hence settling for logo 3s, etc. But that he joined the Bucks yet so far scoring hasn't become easier for him? It's not guaranteed that'll magically change for him in the playoffs.

I've been surprised when watching Bucks games how the Dame/Giannis pick n roll hasn't been as effective as I thought it would be. Teams have easily been able to shut that down

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I've been surprised when watching Bucks games how the Dame/Giannis pick n roll hasn't been as effective as I thought it would be. Teams have easily been able to shut that down
It’s cause Giannis for some reason slips the screen majority of the time. That may be a chemistry thing or what, not sure but when you look back at when they won the title he would screen hard for Khris and then know when to slip if/when Khris was hot and he had open space at the rim. Doc talked about how he wants them to do it more so we’ll see.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Dame's been super inconsistent offensively with the Bucks, averages like 1 good game a week. He has been consistently bad on defense though.