Random NBA Observations 2023 - 2024

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Part of what may have brought the dissonance/misconception is that some folks (at least on the coli) were saying he'd be on Kawhi's level if he had been drafted by the Spurs/played for a better oganization than Denver, when in truth he was never going to be half the player regardless of what team he found himself on. Which is not a knock to not be a top 5-10 player of the past decade.

Now did he himself actually think he was that good? Or, to your point, was it not about the extremes and moreso maximizing his earnings. Right now he's still Aaron Gordon level production (4th best player on a title team) but if he he's getting paid 11m more, can't knock that either.
It's a little bit of both. Jerami saw Detriot as an opportunity to grow his game while maximizing his earning potential. Jerami was a second-round pick so I don't think anyone thought he would be on Kawhi's level. Denver was also his third team.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
@pete clemenza on one hand, that was the most ball movement, energy, and synergy y'all shown since the week before the covid shutdown in march 2020. On the other hand, it was against a top 3 WOAT Portland team ever assembled in my nygga @Skooby 's existence.
I don't know who's at the top of the draft next year but we're getting a top five pick for sure.