Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Giddey was struggling to finish early in the season & then seemed to realize he's bigger than most guys that are going to be on him & has turned it around. Plus his 3 point shot has went from awful to just bad :pachaha:

Plus he's been getting to the line for about 3 games in a row now which for him is amazing considering how little he's gotten there :ehh:
Coaches have to put size on him. I watched his baskets against the Nets, early on, BK tried throwing Kyrie on him, and he just drove to the paint or floater area and shot over the top. He's also a good cutter and runs the floor in transition, so he gets baskets when teams are sleeping. O'Neale made things harder on him for a few possessions, but whenever a smaller guards matches up with him, he goes at them and uses his size.

He did the same against Chicago. Patrick Williams was a good matchup against him. Once anyone else got on him, he scored. (in the 4th quarter specifically)

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It's not highlight culture...it's the prevalence of money, who has the money, and how analytics are being used to construct teams.

Once you have the amount of money that is in sports, there will never be so called "purity". Money makes everything dirty.

Rich people will also buy their kids into spot in these sports for their kids and with the cost of the developing athletes now a days, sports have damn near become a trust-fund baby activity.

With analytics, I'm wholly convinced many teams use it as a way to devalue non-star players because they believe they can find a player far easier today who can replace the last guy's production than they were able to in the past. At the same time, you also have teams overpaying guys who have a skillset slightly out of the norm. Most these FOs have a lot of money that they don't properly allocate.
this is a great point

i do think highlight culture has something to do with it though. it may not be the MAIN reason, but it's definitely a reason

i think constantly watching highlights distorts a player's view on how he's supposed to play. they have no idea what a good shot is because they watch the stars of the NBA take tough shots. They're obsessed with isolation shots and not making the passes to their teammates. They care about getting their numbers

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's not highlight culture...it's the prevalence of money, who has the money, and how analytics are being used to construct teams.

Once you have the amount of money that is in sports, there will never be so called "purity". Money makes everything dirty.

Rich people will also buy their kids into spot in these sports for their kids and with the cost of the developing athletes now a days, sports have damn near become a trust-fund baby activity.

With analytics, I'm wholly convinced many teams use it as a way to devalue non-star players because they believe they can find a player far easier today who can replace the last guy's production than they were able to in the past. At the same time, you also have teams overpaying guys who have a skillset slightly out of the norm. Most these FOs have a lot of money that they don't properly allocate.
That's not necessarily a bad thing though especially with how much money is flowing around the league. If you can find a player that can give you even close to the same value as someone else, then you move them. A perfect example of that is Rudy Gobert.

It's why I get why a lot of owners are clamoring to do something about the salary cap as we're trending towards an NBA where a team will have to have 3+ $30+ million dollar players and then find a way to constantly surround them with cheaper and lower tier players for them to only become too expensive a couple of years down the road.

It's going to be a rotating cast where a lot of these teams championship windows are only going to be a few years.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Ja Morant is LEADING the NBA in dunks among guards this season! He's thrown it down on ALL 30 TEAMS in his career 🔥
FB-IMG-1673896074759.jpg