Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

12715-3c5939e9e199abf4863b498ff0950ae3.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In the playoffs they're also gonna double/trap Harden a lot more when they're trying to run pick and roll and with Doc it's a question if they're gonna be prepared to adjust to it.
Yup. In theory that's gonna mean skip passes to Tucker/Niang/Tobias for corner 3s and backdoor cuts but that also gets them in the habit of jacking up too many 3s. The other day i was questioning how they would better incorporate Maxey, bc right now in late game he only gets FGAs off of broken plays.

This would never happen bc Maxey is too beloved/unmovable/etc there, but PHI is another team where you look at a Lauri Markkanen and he'd be the perfect 3rd wheel to Embiid and Harden. Esp since they are weak at the 3/4 and handicapped with that Tobias contract.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. In theory that's gonna mean skip passes to Tucker/Niang/Tobias for corner 3s and backdoor cuts but that also gets them in the habit of jacking up too many 3s. The other day i was questioning how they would better incorporate Maxey, bc right now in late game he only gets FGAs off of broken plays.

This would never happen bc Maxey is too beloved/unmovable/etc there, but PHI is another team where you look at a Lauri Markkanen and he'd be the perfect 3rd wheel to Embiid and Harden. Esp since they are weak at the 3/4 and handicapped with that Tobias contract.
I saw a tweet from the Athletic that mentioned Doc said after the game that Maxey is going to be used differently from here on out. Apparently he himself has suggested coming off the bench and there are going to be three different starting lineups depending on matchups.

I hope it works out because I also like Maxey too much to move him even for a good fit like Markkanen or whoever.

Niang been balling by the way.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bar is so low for Jokic you have Stans in here calling him MVP for making a game winner at home against a tanking team in January

Meanwhile, Embiid dominates both ends against a team desperate to win games, on a historic night for Lebron, and everyone acts like nothing happened.

We know what time it is :mjpls:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
The bar is so low for Jokic you have Stans in here calling him MVP for making a game winner at home against a tanking team in January

Meanwhile, Embiid dominates both ends against a team desperate to win games, on a historic night for Lebron, and everyone acts like nothing happened.

We know what time it is :mjpls:
They both 99 ovr imo but Jokic on a worse team with a better record

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Real spit from Austin rivers

It's not highlight culture...it's the prevalence of money, who has the money, and how analytics are being used to construct teams.

Once you have the amount of money that is in sports, there will never be so called "purity". Money makes everything dirty.

Rich people will also buy their kids into spot in these sports for their kids and with the cost of the developing athletes now a days, sports have damn near become a trust-fund baby activity.

With analytics, I'm wholly convinced many teams use it as a way to devalue non-star players because they believe they can find a player far easier today who can replace the last guy's production than they were able to in the past. At the same time, you also have teams overpaying guys who have a skillset slightly out of the norm. Most these FOs have a lot of money that they don't properly allocate.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Highlights can kill basketball. Bad hoopers can.

Only 7 play in college. Only 9 play in the NBA.

Those who are about their craft get to the minutes.

Let those kids have fun.