Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Tire him out and hope his teammates miss. That's def the way to go. But you gotta have a beast squad for that, when he has an aight squad. This season the pressure is squarely on his shoulders because the pieces around him are almost ideal. Brown and AG are incredible fits. Jamal will likely regain consistent form by the playoffs. KCP is actually a solid fit for Jokic. Bones is too erratic and they need him to mature without losing his edge. MPJ is the major question mark. Wet jumper, questionable motor, takes plays off on both ends, bad back. But this is Joker's make or break season - if Denver crashes and burns in the playoffs, media interest will wane and fans will get bored.
Somebody as great as Jokic you ain't gone stop. I'm just saying those seem to be the only possible strategies to try and slow him down. And yeah this year is different as he has better pieces around him. I still worry about if he will be exploited in space come playoff time but with the Nuggets having much strong offensive weapons he's likely able to conserve more energy on offense since he won't have to do absolutely everything to keep the teams in game which will give him more energy on D. This year's playoffs will tell a lot.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Somebody as great as Jokic you ain't gone stop. I'm just saying those seem to be the only possible strategies to try and slow him down. And yeah this year is different as he has better pieces around him. I still worry about if he will be exploited in space come playoff time but with the Nuggets having much strong offensive weapons he's likely able to conserve more energy on offense since he won't have to do absolutely everything to keep the teams in game which will give him more energy on D. This year's playoffs will tell a lot.
He's much better on defense than people say. But in open space against a star guard he's getting abused. And it's not like Denver has a Dray or a rim protector to cover for him. So that's always a legit issue. But if that offense is humming the way it should, they can win a 7 game series against anyone this season. If they stay healthy.