Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

they played 10 mins yesterday :dahell:

Bushleague

I don't know why they don't trade Kawhi at a minimum. He isn't serious about playing. They aren't winning anything with this bullshyt going on and I know Lue's frustrated.

How the hell are you supposed to establish an identity or culture when these guys play or don't play when they want?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I don't know why they don't trade Kawhi at a minimum. He isn't serious about playing. They aren't winning anything with this bullshyt going on and I know Lue's frustrated.

How the hell are you supposed to establish an identity or culture when these guys play or don't play when they want?
Unless they give him up for free, no one is trading for him. They just gotta ride out that contract

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Unless they give him up for free, no one is trading for him. They just gotta ride out that contract
I think a team with a good structure in place could absorb him or a desperate franchise like Phoenix/Washington/Chicago might roll the dice.

Cleveland would be a really interesting trade partner. They have enough in place without Kawhi and they could make a pretty simple trade like Love, Osman and Okoro for him. Garland's extension kicks in next year but Kawhi expires in two, so they wouldn't be crushed by luxury tax payments for long even though Gilbert's shown a willingness to spend in the past.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I think a team with a good structure in place could absorb him or a desperate franchise like Phoenix/Washington/Chicago might roll the dice.

Cleveland would be a really interesting trade partner. They have enough in place without Kawhi and they could make a pretty simple trade like Love, Osman and Okoro for him. Garland's extension kicks in next year but Kawhi expires in two, so they wouldn't be crushed by luxury tax payments for long even though Gilbert's shown a willingness to spend in the past.
Clippers have no reason to do that, you just listed 3 guys who wouldn't help much in their ultimate goal. At worst, they just ride it out and hope Kawhi is healthy is playable during the playoffs. They have no other options here:manny:.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Clippers have no reason to do that, you just listed 3 guys who wouldn't help much in their ultimate goal. At worst, they just ride it out and hope Kawhi is healthy is playable during the playoffs. They have no other options here:manny:.
Kawhi doesn't help them either though. :patrice:

Least they get three guys who will be there every night and can begin to form an identity with guys having established roles. As it stands, it's different every other night.

I don't really believe they'll trade him but I do believe they should be considering it. :hubie:

An odd thing with Kawhi's games this season is almost all of his appearances have been against losing teams. Boston, Philly, Denver and Indiana are the only winning squads he's played against and they're 1-4 in those games. :patrice: