Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Daps
Poole has played better as a starter

Up to this point Lamb/Jerome/Kuminga/PBJ have played well.

You also still haven’t figured out how to get Klay/Wiggins/Poole playing at a high level at once.
As evidence from tonight, Poole's play is erratic; he still doesn't have any concept of how to play in an impactful manner. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon, regardless, whether he starts or not. All those three are inconsistent, so it's just a matter of having them contribute at the right time in the postseason.

The problem still remains the frontcourt - it's bordering on malpractice relying on Dray and Looney to this degree (between them both they've barely got one functioning body). Worst frontcourt depth in the league. The league is lucky the dumbass organization hasn't traded for a legit big man, or else it would really be over.

Daps
If the Warriors were ranked better on defense, Dray would legit be the DPOY rn - he's playing on another level to his peers. If he didn't get injured last season he could've went back-to-back for what should be the second time.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I have no idea what Lue is doing. Just a complete baffling 180 from how he's coached the last two seasons.

To keep it a buck: outside of the Mann game vs UTA 2 years ago, which was an offensive explosion the likes of which i'm not sure Mann has replicated since, Lue hasn't achieved anything with this improved roster from 2020 that Doc couldn't have.
  • Coaching LAC into 0-2 and 2-3 series holes as favorites in R1; only avoiding a humiliation worse than Doc's bc Kawhi went off.
  • Coaching them into an 0-2 hole in R2, before George and Kawhi dragged them back purely off iso star power.
  • Lost both play-in games despite coming in as the higher seed and more veteran team; esp the game 1 loss.
  • Going on 3 years and 7 different guards (reggie, rondo, lue, mann, luke, wall, powell, etc), but still no viable offensive system.
Doc could've achieved all that.

Daps
I have no idea what Lue is doing. Just a complete baffling 180 from how he's coached the last two seasons.
To keep it a buck: outside of the Mann game vs UTA 2 years ago, which was an offensive explosion the likes of which i'm not sure Mann has replicated since, Lue hasn't achieved anything with this improved roster from 2020 that Doc couldn't have.
  • Coaching LAC into 0-2 and 2-3 series holes as favorites in R1; only avoiding a humiliation worse than Doc's bc Kawhi went off.
  • Coaching them into an 0-2 hole in R2, before George and Kawhi dragged them back purely off iso star power.
  • Lost both play-in games despite coming in as the higher seed and more veteran team; esp the game 1 loss.
  • Going on 3 years and 7 different guards (reggie, rondo, lue, mann, luke, wall, powell, etc), but still no viable offensive system.
Doc could've achieved all that.
@Squirrel the Rockhead aka You Can't Spell Squirrel without the letter L

Looks like your mans ain't coaching shyt.

:picard:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Terance Mann gives you a spark in the third so naturally you sit him the entire 4th until garbage time. Paul George is balling so naturally you keep him benched while Wall has no idea how to attack a zone :aicmon:

Might be a wrap for this incarnation of the Clips. Looks like Morris and Reggie gave everything they had last year and are just taking up space.
Our much bally-hooed and so called "depth" is ruining Ty Lue. He don't know which way to turn and is still tinkering and experimenting with line ups three months into the season and its amounting to nothing but losses. PG & Kawhi in and out of the lineup. Too much terrible small ball lineups. Wall not really panning out, Reggie and Morris are long past their prime, and kids like Boston and Diabate need to play but its too many old heads in front of them on the depth chart. I'll be shocked if this team can put it together and make a run past the all star break